Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 19:59 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Are there any downsides to a 120 tpi tire ??? , Found some Assegai 3C EXO+ 120 tpi tires super cheap.
Generally speaking, there’s no issue with 120 tpi. My DD tires are 120 tpi and they’re great.

HOWEVER, the 120 tpi EXO+ casing specifically was notoriously shit and tore very easily. Way flimsier than standard 60 tpi EXO.

I never have issues with tires, but ripped open multiple of those. Avoid, there’s a reason they’re so cheap, total waste of money.

Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 21:07 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
Are there any downsides to a 120 tpi tire ??? , Found some Assegai 3C EXO+ 120 tpi tires super cheap.
Generally speaking, there’s no issue with 120 tpi. My DD tires are 120 tpi and they’re great.

HOWEVER, the 120 tpi EXO+ casing specifically was notoriously shit and tore very easily. Way flimsier than standard 60 tpi EXO.

I never have issues with tires, but ripped open multiple of those. Avoid, there’s a reason they’re so cheap, total waste of money.

Aww damn , I already ordered one.... I now recall that the Assegai Maxx Grip that I prefer to run up front are 120 tpi as well,

Maybe I will cancel order , I'm pretty sure its a OEM White graphix tire , I'm generally easier on front tires.

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 2:00 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:

I find the suppleness of the 120tpi Maxxis really nice compared to the 60tpi, especially on a hardtail for root infested trails. The downside is that they are a more fragile. But then it depends on your weight, riding terrain and style, it could be totally fine especially for the front.

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 7:05 Quote
I think those are the previous generation EXO+.
I ran a couple of them up front with good results. As you may guess, they were more substantial than plain EXO but not near a DD.
The real question is what compound?

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 7:08 Quote
I'm surprised to hear some say they thought they're flimsier. I didn't have that experience.
But I am not too hard on front tires usually.

Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 7:29 Quote
Whyte 901 v5

Back on an mtb after 2 years not enjoying a gravel bike. First plus tyres as well.

Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 9:23 Quote
Nairnster wrote:
Whyte 901 v5

Back on an mtb after 2 years not enjoying a gravel bike. First plus tyres as well.

Welcome home

Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 21:19 Quote
Nairnster wrote:
Whyte 901 v5

I did a 60 mile gravel ride with my buddies on gravel bikes and me on my mountain bike , kept up fine on the climbs and punished them on the downhills. Gravel bikes are kind of neat but have resisted getting into it , I feel I do enough gravel on mtb rides getting to some of the trails I frequently ride. And just pedaling on gravel is super annoying, ....Now a gravel bike on some mild single track , that may be fun.

Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 22:32 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Nairnster wrote:
Whyte 901 v5

I did a 60 mile gravel ride with my buddies on gravel bikes and me on my mountain bike , kept up fine on the climbs and punished them on the downhills. Gravel bikes are kind of neat but have resisted getting into it , I feel I do enough gravel on mtb rides getting to some of the trails I frequently ride. And just pedaling on gravel is super annoying, ....Now a gravel bike on some mild single track , that may be fun.

If it aint broke…..

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 0:30 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Nairnster wrote:
Whyte 901 v5

It‘s just something new to burn money which would otherwise be better spent on some decent rubber for your MTB.

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 16:15 Quote
Exactly Railiegh's

And Gravel biking isn't that new , some older friends of mine were putting durable tires on old 70's Raleigh's and Panosonic's and such and riding them all over dirt roads and single track in the 80' and 90's..I've seen so many different iterations of road bikes and mountain bikes converted to drop bar gravel bikes before the term Gravel Bike came along.. All I gotta say is I'm so Down Country currently. lol .. I think the new term for mountain biking.

Posted: Apr 1, 2024 at 22:46 Quote
Either you take it dawn country or you take it downhill, there is no other way!... lol

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 0:47 Quote
The Stanton in its current state, again.

photo

Really liking the 8s/11s drivetrain and Minion DHR2/SS combo.

Posted: Apr 2, 2024 at 0:50 Quote
@Nairnster That Whyte is looking sharp!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027926
Mobile Version of Website