Specialized 2011 sx trail 2 ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized 2011 sx trail 2 ?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 15:33 Quote
sammysmc wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/sammysmc/IMG_11451024x768.jpg

I really love this colorway of the SX Trail Drool That's pretty dialed, props!

I bet you guys are also in love with the Van 180's. Sick as f*ck!!!

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 15:38 Quote
mtbrider123 wrote:
How does it handle high speeds and rock gardens with the higher bb? Should i up grade from my 2006 sxt 2 to the 2011sxt2 or a demo 8? PS i wanna be able to jump the bike easly like the sx trail since its light. Any opinions?

SX Trail's and Demo's are 2 totally different beasts. I have the 2010 SX Trail, 10mm less rear travel, and a higher compression ratio in the rear (7.785 vs. 8.5 eye to eye shock). I want to say the 2011 SX Trails are better, Ive not personally ridden one but quite similar to mine.

Demo's are lower, longer, which is a good thing stability wise, and handling bigger stuffs. 2011 Demo's are just sick bikes, a lot of locals where I ride have them. Get the 2011 Demo 8, you'll be happy tup

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 9:26 Quote
Hey,
I am buying a SX I for me, how about the weight?
I had a Dirtbag 2009, just sold it... Was an amazing bike!

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
Caiokv wrote:
Hey,
I am buying a SX I for me, how about the weight?
I had a Dirtbag 2009, just sold it... Was an amazing bike!

Do u want a kind of do it all gravity bike or a full DH sled? The SX I is real good pricepoint wise for a do it all bike. It comes with a RS Domain. You can try that fork out but if you ask me, just sell that fork IMMEDIATELY as a brand new takeoff, and buy a better one; e.g. Totem, Marzocchi 66 Rc3 evo, or Fox Van/Float 180.

2010 Specialized SX Trail Changed wheels to 08 Deemax s red Straitline PU guides X9 short cage rear derailleur and Shimano XTR chain that KMC Gold Ti chain was sh t .

Weight wise, Im not sure of the new ones (2011s). Mine right now is at 36.8ish lbs. Ive swapped out my bar and stem for holzfellers and boobars since this photo.

Cheers mate.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 10:18 Quote
I am really looking for a do it all bike!
Guess in two weeks it will be here with me!

Thanks mate!

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 10:49 Quote
Caiokv wrote:

Thanks mate!

For sure. The sx trail I is pretty much spot on, even stock. You got a Van RC shock, descendant cranks, x7s in the drivetrain. If you could swap out the fork even before your bike leaves the bikeshop that would be nice. Try to get a good deal for a fork from your lbs, pretty sure they'll wanna help you out.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 14:29 Quote
boylagz wrote:
Caiokv wrote:

Thanks mate!

For sure. The sx trail I is pretty much spot on, even stock. You got a Van RC shock, descendant cranks, x7s in the drivetrain. If you could swap out the fork even before your bike leaves the bikeshop that would be nice. Try to get a good deal for a fork from your lbs, pretty sure they'll wanna help you out.

Nice! I had a 09 66 RCV on my Dirtbag, guess I'm sticking with marzo then!

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 14:40 Quote
Caiokv wrote:

Nice! I had a 09 66 RCV on my Dirtbag, guess I'm sticking with marzo then!

Thanks!

Hell yes. Get the 2010/2011 66 RC3 Evo, not the RCV Blank Stare RC3 cartridge is where it's at tup

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 16:59 Quote
Gonna talk to them tomorrow! The RC3 Ti seems pretty nice!

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 17:12 Quote
Caiokv wrote:
Gonna talk to them tomorrow! The RC3 Ti seems pretty nice!

Word tup Im getting a 66 Ti, haha.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015775
Mobile Version of Website