best shock on a dh bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best shock on a dh bike?
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:41 Quote
has anyone here tried the cc double barrel? what did you think?

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:42 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
trekrules wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
Anybody know how Curnutt's rank up there? My new bike has a choice of a Curnutt or a Romic.. and I am leading towards the Curnutt.

if your'e bike isn't a foes,Don't go for the curnutt because it won't fit your'e bike.It's special made for all Foes bikes.

welll my new bike is a foes... so my option is a romic or curnutt.

defintly the curnutt shock,the romic's won't fit they have other eye leds than the curnutt.

question i thougth that any foes frame come's stock with a curnutt shock.Was your'e frame with out a curnutt shock?.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:42 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
im getting one in the not too distant future..

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:45 Quote
trekrules wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
trekrules wrote:

if your'e bike isn't a foes,Don't go for the curnutt because it won't fit your'e bike.It's special made for all Foes bikes.

defintly the curnutt shock,the romic's won't fit they have other eye leds than the curnutt.

question i thougth that any foes frame come's stock with a curnutt shock.Was your'e frame with out a curnutt shock?.
I haven't picked it up yet.. but it comes with either romic or curnutt. And the romic fits fine.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:50 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
Cove4Life wrote:

sick, let me know how it is Beer

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:52 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
Cove4Life wrote:

sick, let me know how it is Beer
ok ill also let you know how the custom frame is =]

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 17:27 Quote
richardsouthernextreme wrote:
cane creek or avalanche, anything less is just mass market generic stuff

my cane-creek is...

WOW!

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 17:29 Quote
trekrules wrote:
Don't get me wrong on this,but the double barel is basicly a Ohlins shock dialed and shortend down for Mtb use.

yup

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 17:32 Quote
the millyard racing shock...Ministry of Defence engineerd! then Cane Creek.. thats my personal opinion. my Race bike runs a 2007 Vanilla R with PUSH internals and TF Tuned regular, makes for a perfect no nonsense simple race shock!

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
cane creek is a bunch of bullshit go w/ the dhx 5.o fo sho

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 21:44 Quote
commencalrider wrote:
cane creek is a bunch of bullshit go w/ the dhx 5.o fo sho
funy. its the only shock with high and low speed rabound and high low speed compression. it weights less then a dhx 5 and for me its cheaper with my new frame..

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 22:24 Quote
Fox dhx shocks are not that great. They bottom fairly easy but don't really dampen the small bumps all that well. Although the DHX is very reliable it's just not that advanced. I cant wait to get a Cane Creek or a Revox on my bike, I am fed up with the DHX's mediocre performance. 2 cents

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 22:29 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
trekrules wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

I haven't picked it up yet.. but it comes with either romic or curnutt. And the romic fits fine.

Use the Curnutt...they developed the shock to work wit the foes bikes, like specialized..but they actually work right.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 7:06 Quote
fox 40 and at the rear a dhx 5.0

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 9:46 Quote
I've Ridden a 6way for 2yrs and have had no problems at all. it took a while to set it up but after that it's amazing. I also haven't blown it up yet and can say that it takes quite a beating now only from tons of small stuff but from huge drops and gaps too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016963
Mobile Version of Website