best shock on a dh bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best shock on a dh bike?
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 9:47 Quote
trialsbest wrote:
I've Ridden a 6way for 2yrs and have had no problems at all. it took a while to set it up but after that it's amazing. I also haven't blown it up yet and can say that it takes quite a beating now only from tons of small stuff but from huge drops and gaps too.
Really? In two years? Fair play...

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 21:23 Quote
Pin-it wrote:
fox 40 and at the rear a dhx 5.0

it's a good setup. i got this set in one of my bikes
and the other one is Manitou 6-way with Travis Tri.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 21:26 Quote
allenrotstein wrote:
Pin-it wrote:
fox 40 and at the rear a dhx 5.0

it's a good setup. i got this set in one of my bikes
and the other one is Manitou 6-way with Travis Tri.
.. boxxer and a double barrel or vivid or pro delux

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 21:34 Quote
Is anybody have info on the new Vivid 5.1. Is this a good shock?

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 21:40 Quote
im assuming so. i rode its predecor for ever and i have no complaints exept for the compression channal popping out when its realy cold (-25) but the rock shox stuff has only gotten better.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 16:26 Quote
hands down!! Cane Creek double barrel.

i had mine for a while and ride 2-4 times a week shuttling, average ten ridea a week, it performs flawlessly, and not one problem yet.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 16:33 Quote
curnnut with a TI coil all the way

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
Cane Creek Double Barrel, all the way.tup By far the best rear shock you can buy. Plush, controlled, takes the big hits and proved durable for me. It's like having a custom tuned shock once you get it set up.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 11:39 Quote
cane creek couble barrel, as said above.

there is no guess work with air chambers, all adjusters are independant, it's got a much wider compression and rebound range than anything else.

it's also backed by the best service in the industry; malcolm at cane creek is awesome to deal with

i have two! (pictures on my profile)

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 Quote
Personally i'd say best is 5th Element. My friend has Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5, 9.5" of travel, shivers and the shock is insane

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 11:50 Quote
spliffonator wrote:
Personally i'd say best is 5th Element. My friend has Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5, 9.5" of travel, shivers and the shock is insane

spliffonator you've been smoking too much of that shit homeboyyyy!

5th element shocks aint the best. Hear dat.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:18 Quote
dec*nto wrote:
spliffonator wrote:

spliffonator you've been smoking too much of that shit homeboyyyy!

5th element shocks aint the best. Hear dat.

Hahaha funny thing is that i dont smoke ha, its just I used this name for another site for something and its so original no-one ever uses it. So i used it. Well i like it a lot. lol

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 17:17 Quote
i got a roco tstr
its the don

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 6:34 Quote
You can now send your 5th element to avy and they will replace the guts to high performance avy inners.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025333
Mobile Version of Website