best shock on a dh bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best shock on a dh bike?
O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 17:30 Quote
wellsy wrote:
You can now send your 5th element to avy and they will replace the guts to high performance avy inners.
\
Nice...thats great news!

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
i love my fox dhx 5.0 Fab

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
mtblife wrote:
the millyard racing shock...Ministry of Defence engineerd! then Cane Creek.. thats my personal opinion. my Race bike runs a 2007 Vanilla R with PUSH internals and TF Tuned regular, makes for a perfect no nonsense simple race shock!
yeh matty, my fox vanilla R might not be t-f tuned but there are one of the best!

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
Fox DHX 5.0 Air. Many adjustments and its simply a Fox. tup
A much nicer feel/ride than DHX 5.0 coil version(unless ur doing heavy DH or Freeride Hucks).

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
yea dude roco rc or dhx5.0 i have a roco and it is great

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
JoeYo wrote:
A much nicer feel/ride than DHX 5.0 coil version(unless ur doing heavy DH or Freeride Hucks).
well said young joseph
dhx 5.0's are quite adjustable also

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
manitou sucks guys !! i had a 4 way just rebuilt ,i blew it 2 monts after !
i had a manitou fork , i broked it less than 1 year after i buy it .advice : never buy manitou stuff , new or use, IT, SUCK !

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 2:31 Quote
bigtoe wrote:
manitou sucks guys !! i had a 4 way just rebuilt ,i blew it 2 monts after !
i had a manitou fork , i broked it less than 1 year after i buy it .advice : never buy manitou stuff , new or use, IT, SUCK !

what fork do you had?,not all forks are bad from manitou.Yes the swingers are crap and the revox shock's are 1 off the best shocks out there.I head a Travis but after 1 year riding i was not pleased with it's over all preformence.I'd kick the Travis out and welcome the 888 ATA WC.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
a minute 3 2005
my friend have a sherman and she broke after 1 monts, i send the fork for the re-built and she's repair but she work a little bit weird !

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
JoeYo wrote:

Please tell me you are kidding. The DHX air is terrible! Push won't even touch them. There is no adjustment if you look at the dyno results.

The coil version is ok at best. I think a lot of people like them just because they are a Fox. I don't like air bottom out controls anyway.

CCDB first Avy second with a Push'd Roco third.

You can't compare a mass produced shock to custom tuned ones.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
I have a Demo 8 with a DHX 4.0 and I am dying to try out other shocks. I have ridden a Romic before and it was definitely better than the fox in my opinion. I need to test a CCDB, an Avy, a Risse, a Stratos El Hefe, and a Rocco. I have paid alot of attention to my shock during riding and I am not impressed. It bottoms out easily as said many times before, it is NOT supple hardly at all, and its far from lively. I want my rear suspension to come alive and stick to the ground. I won't be touching an air shock anytime soon either. Try a Romic, they are pretty damned good.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
vivid, its super sensitive and amazing. not to mention all the adjustments. i love mine, ill never go back. any questions on the vivid yall can PM me

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
I have a manipoo 6 way. I think it is the worst shock ever (excluding 4 way air), I blew it within 1 month of gettiing my bike. And I think I may have blew it again.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 21:24 Quote
I am a factory rider For X-fusion I am testing there new DH2 Vector and it is really nice and plush.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020015
Mobile Version of Website