2010 boxxer WC compression not working.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2010 boxxer WC compression not working.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 12:56 Quote
Hey so I got a 2010 boxxer world cup and when I dial the LSC and HSC it does not seem to make a diffrence really.
Just wondering if this could be a broken compression damper or somthing like that. I hope it isnt becasue I think its around 200 bucks to repair.
-thanks.

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 16:56 Quote
The compression adjustments on the 2010 Boxxer WC are very noticeable so yours must be malfunctioning. SRAM will warranty it but you must go through your local bike shop. Otherwise, QBP will make repairs and it is considerably less than $200. You must also go through your local bike shop. You need to have your fork upgraded to the newest compression and rebound cartridge. A full rebuild is considerably less than $200 at QBP. Call your shop and get it going during the off season. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 17:10 Quote
tefiii2005 wrote:
The compression adjustments on the 2010 Boxxer WC are very noticeable so yours must be malfunctioning. SRAM will warranty it but you must go through your local bike shop. Otherwise, QBP will make repairs and it is considerably less than $200. You must also go through your local bike shop. You need to have your fork upgraded to the newest compression and rebound cartridge. A full rebuild is considerably less than $200 at QBP. Call your shop and get it going during the off season. Hope this helps.
what's QBP? And ya I'll probs bring it in to LBS soon. Really less then 200 bucks for a new damper?

Posted: Jan 27, 2011 at 18:44 Quote
Quality Bike Products, they won't deal with you directly but they will talk to your LBS. Your full service won't be $200! I have had stantions replaced with rebuild for $150ish. SRAM gave me the latest damper at a WC race and I had QBP install it and do a rebuild and it was like $75.

For better service I would contact I.S.O. Suspension directly for some really custom work for your fork and all your service needs. Call and ask for Drake and tell em a Gravity Pirate sent ya!

Posted: Jan 27, 2011 at 19:07 Quote
tefiii2005 wrote:
Quality Bike Products, they won't deal with you directly but they will talk to your LBS. Your full service won't be $200! I have had stantions replaced with rebuild for $150ish. SRAM gave me the latest damper at a WC race and I had QBP install it and do a rebuild and it was like $75.

For better service I would contact I.S.O. Suspension directly for some really custom work for your fork and all your service needs. Call and ask for Drake and tell em a Gravity Pirate sent ya!
did they just give it to you? or did you need warranty or buy it? I might have to see if I can pull that off at the sea otter classic.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 18:14 Quote
Just gave it to me. They know it is a problem and they are glad to fix it. I just sent my 2010 Boxxer WC to Isotuned Suspension for some really awesome custom work!

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 18:18 Quote
I may have to see if they'll hook me up with some stuff at the sea otter Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010226
Mobile Version of Website