Transition Bottlerocket sizing

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Transition Bottlerocket sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 10:55 Quote
Hi,

I am looking to buy a transition bottlerocket and use it as a all mountain-freeride bike. I ride mostly Seymour and Fromme and always ride my bike uphill. I might also ride some cross-country with it. I'm 6 feet and I know Transition recommends a Medium frame, but because I also climb I am wondering if I should go with a large.

Thanks

Mat

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 22:20 Quote
All depends on how you like the bike to feel. Iam 5'9 and rode a small, felt perfect for me, but I come from bmx and prefer a smaller bike, much easier to flick around. The bottlerocket will do anything you ask of it, at 6'0 you should be fine with a medium as the wheelbase will be larger. Just my opinion, good luck bro!

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 22:26 Quote
The bottlerocket is a great bike, i'm about 6 feet tall and i ride a large vagrant
But if i were to get a bottlerocket, i'd definatly go with a medium.

That said, it's all about what you like a bike to feel like.

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 21:54 Quote
I am 5'9 and ride a small. My brother is 6' and he rides a medium. Has no problems other than he hits his knees from time to time on the bars. A long might solve that.

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 22:21 Quote
k i found a sizing thread, im about 5'10 or 5'11 do you think id be able to ride a short frame alright?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
So I'm 5'8 and about 230 I guess I'm gonna go with the medium on my bottlerocket this spring.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009293
Mobile Version of Website