Transition Double or Black Market Killswitch

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition Double or Black Market Killswitch
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 15:39 Quote
Hey guys

Im buiilding a light dh/trail/4x bike and was wondering which frame i should use?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 4:01 Quote
nopainnogame wrote:
Only Rampant Wink

Ya they are nice but this build is like a father son project cause he will probably ride it too and he likes the double and the killswitch the best.
Im not gonna ardgue cause he is buying it all so ill let him hace his choice of frame Razz

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 9:44 Quote
So I read up on the Killswitch, and it seems to be a mainly DJ and slopestyle type bike. Since you want versatility out the two, I would recommend getting the Double. The Double seems it would handle trails well and 4x even better. Im sure the Killswitch would do these just fine, but I could the Double being more of an all around bike. Just like you said its all up to your son, id think he is going to happy either waytup

FL
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
So I read up on the Killswitch, and it seems to be a mainly DJ and slopestyle type bike. Since you want versatility out the two, I would recommend getting the Double. The Double seems it would handle trails well and 4x even better. Im sure the Killswitch would do these just fine, but I could the Double being more of an all around bike. Just like you said its all up to your son, id think he is going to happy either waytup

i disagree, the killswitch has a better suspension system, and wouldnprobably handle bumps and stuff better. ive heard the killswitch rides amazing. double is good, but i would say go for killswitch

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 10:11 Quote
Here is some research I did on the two frames. The Double frame ,with no shock, weighs in at 7.32lbs. The Killswitch weighs, with shock, at 8lbs. So there pretty much about the same weight id assume. The Killswitch has a lower bottom bracket at 12.5, while the Double's BB at 12.9. Also, the Double has adjustable travel from 3 to 4 inches. While the Killswitch has only 4 inches of travel with a custom tuned X-Fusion air shock. I noticed that Transition offers a killer warranty with the bike. The warranty offers a 2 Year Defect Warranty, and also a Lifetime Crash Warranty. So thats pretty cool. Either way, just like i said before, your getting an awesome bike.tup

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 10:24 Quote
leon-forfar wrote:
dyalnger9 wrote:

i disagree, the killswitch has a better suspension system, and wouldnprobably handle bumps and stuff better. ive heard the killswitch rides amazing. double is good, but i would say go for killswitch

I wouldn't know how either of the bikes ride, because I have never ridden either of them. Ive ridden a Bottlerocket set up for trail riding, and it rode quite well and handled the bumps just fine. Id assume that the Double it is not to much different by the way the the suspension behaves, except shorter travel. Im not going to disagree with you by saying that the Killswitch does not have a good suspension system. By the looks of it, it has a great suspension system, and its awesome bike, and it could be the one to choose between the two. Im just saying, the Double is not an illogical choice for what this person wants out of a bike

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 15:51 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:

Very true

oh and im the son Razz

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 15:55 Quote
You all have valid points and they are both sick bikes.

The point on the double having asjustable travel doesnt really matter cause i already have a dirt jumper so id always run the bike at 4 inches.
does anybody know what types of adjustments can be done to the killswitch rear suspension?

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 16:19 Quote
Check it out. looks like the suspension in not adjustable, but if a 4 inch travel bike is all you really need. the the killswtch is probably the way to go.
http://blackmarketbikes.com/index.php?pg=products&sub=frames&sub2=killswitch

Posted: Apr 6, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
Hey I want a bike like this http://www.blackmarketbikes.com/images/products/pops/killswitch_black.jpg but idk what they put on it. So can u guys help me out?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011282
Mobile Version of Website