PAyPal paid on 22nd, no message or parts sent !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
PAyPal paid on 22nd, no message or parts sent !!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 19:38 Quote
Some guy from Whistler was selling forks and front wheel here. I confirmed that I would buy them, PayPal confirmed the sale , money deducted from my account on March 22nd. Now ( 30th ) the douche-bag hasn't sent my parts and isn't answering my e-mails. Any ideas ? I don't know his real name, so I can't go look him up and straighten him out !!!!
Can I get PayPal to cancel the sale and refund my money ? Sure don't know what to do next :-( Brian

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
did you send the payment as a gift?

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 21:33 Quote
Not sent as a gift. Does that make a difference ? BN

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 21:42 Quote
yeah, i dont think paypal does refunds for money sent as a gift.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
If it is NOT sent as a gift, then yes you can get your money back.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 at 21:53 Quote
Thanks, guys ! I'll give him 'til tomorrow and then I'm canceling the sale and outing him here ! You need to know he's not honest to deal with ! BN

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 6:25 Quote
I wish this site had some form of buyer/seller feedback section. I buy a fair amount of parts from the buysell, and more than once I've wondered if anything would show up. it's to the point now where I'll only buy or sell using COD if the guy isn't local.

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 13:40 Quote
Just had an e-mail from him saying it took 9 days for PayPal to deposit funds into his account ( ???? ) Anyway, he claims he will send the parts ASAP. I'll let you know. BN

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 15:23 Quote
Your funds were sent as an E-cheque because
you used your bank acc instead of a credit card... Which requires 7-14 business days to clear

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 11:52 Quote
'Message on the 31st " Money cleared on the 31st. Will ship the parts ASAP. ' No message since about having sent the items .It's now the 3rd of April !!!! BN

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 12:08 Quote
Its been 3 days.....And its been a weekend....

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 13:27 Quote
a good seller should be communicating with the buyer through the entire process. I've been in similar situations with sellers here, and can fully understand why MrNick isn't all that pleased.

sometimes shit happens, but it takes no time at all to send a quick email to let the buyer know what's going on if there's a delay. people generally don't get freaked out when they're in the loop.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 13:28 Quote
True. Im just telling him not to get TOO worried about it yet. (seeing as it was the weekend, and people have their hangovers and such)

Get the guys phone number. That would make this all more clear cut for you.

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 14:57 Quote
thereisnospoon wrote:
a good seller should be communicating with the buyer through the entire process. I've been in similar situations with sellers here, and can fully understand why MrNick isn't all that pleased.

sometimes shit happens, but it takes no time at all to send a quick email to let the buyer know what's going on if there's a delay. people generally don't get freaked out when they're in the loop.

Exactly my sentiments !! The guy never offered his phone number, even though he has had mine since the 2nd post ! BN

Posted: Apr 3, 2011 at 17:52 Quote
If you wanted a phone number, you should of asked for it. I do know how you feel though, I've been left in the dark with some sellers, not on here (yet) The good thing is you used paypal, so there is a way of getting your money back worst case scenario. Since parts don't ship on weekends, I'd wait a little bit, maybe he will ship them on Monday. I hope it works out for you, it's annoying to be wondering if you got ripped off or not.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011964
Mobile Version of Website