Post your Hardrocks!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your Hardrocks!
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 21:14 Quote
crappy lighting but stoked to hit this jump for the first time on my little bike.

I'm somehow faster on my singlespeed hardrock than I was on my big hit. Had a great ride today and cleared some nice size jumps including this one here. Hardrock FTW!

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 7:07 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
crappy lighting but stoked to hit this jump for the first time on my little bike.

I'm somehow faster on my singlespeed hardrock than I was on my big hit. Had a great ride today and cleared some nice size jumps including this one here. Hardrock FTW!
Nice! How big is the jump?

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 10:53 Quote
Hello Everyone I havent seriously biked in about 2 years since getting my license but I cant take it any longer and want to get back into the sport Last fall I purchased a 2011 Hardrock disc for a price that was too good to pass up... My question is will this bike hold up to some small jumps on the trails i will be riding? I know people say the older Hardrocks are pretty good I am just wondering now that they are a newer style thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
flonkston wrote:
Hello Everyone I havent seriously biked in about 2 years since getting my license but I cant take it any longer and want to get back into the sport Last fall I purchased a 2011 Hardrock disc for a price that was too good to pass up... My question is will this bike hold up to some small jumps on the trails i will be riding? I know people say the older Hardrocks are pretty good I am just wondering now that they are a newer style thanks
It should, I had a 2011 model that held up for a couple years...eventually cracked when I nose cased a 17 foot freeride gap Madder . Got a new one for free though, 2007 model which I like a lot better, lifetime warranty ftw!

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 11:44 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:

five hundred feet. hahaha j/k it was a good ten maybe twelve footer.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:

Not bad at all for a hardtail!

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 21:11 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:
mtbpkdude wrote:

Not bad at all for a hardtail!

thanks! the trail is manicured so its pretty smooth and the jumps are well made so it's do-able for hardtails. some of the other local spots have pretty gnarly run ins so I will keep the big hit handy.

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 8:19 Quote
Here is my hardrock
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/braggingrights4/15EC3C40-9588-4B20-A87D-A23DA00A3130-8088-0000041B5228463F_zps67e8af42.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/braggingrights4/CB251316-CD87-4EC1-B86D-C33467A4935E-8088-0000041B6439135E_zpsdaa7693e.jpg
2010 Specialized Hardrock Disc
Rockshox recon solo air (set to 120mm)
Avid elixir 1 hydraulic brakes (160 F&R)
Ryhno lite wheel set on deore hubs
Sram x-9 rear shifter
Sram x-7 medium cage rear derailleur
Sram x-7 front shifter
Sram pg970 cassette
Sram pc951 chain
Shimano deore crankset
Giant Unity Seat
Bbg bashguard
Odi Lock-on grips
RACE FACE DEUS XC STEM
TRUVATIV HOLZFELLER SL HANDLEBAR
Kenda nevegal tomac Stick-e 2.1 front tire
Kenda nevegal tomac DTC 2.1 rear tire
Lizard Skin Chainstay Protector

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 13:18 Quote
I currently ride a 2010 Hardrock Sport disc and I feel too "hunched" over while im riding it and I was wondering if mabye a shorter stem and a longer travel fork would i get rid of that feeling?

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 20:53 Quote
flonkston wrote:
I currently ride a 2010 Hardrock Sport disc and I feel too "hunched" over while im riding it and I was wondering if mabye a shorter stem and a longer travel fork would i get rid of that feeling?

shorter stem and longer travel fork would change the feel of the bike drastically. hard to tell without seeing you on it. longer travel fork would get your front end up higher, so would higher rise bars and or stem, or moving spacers on your headset if you have any extra room on there. shorter stem would make you a little bit less stretched out over the front end. you can also try lowering your seat or even tilting it back a few degrees if it's angled down. moving headset spacers and adjusting your saddle is free so try experimenting with that first. hope this helps.

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 4:47 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
flonkston wrote:

shorter stem and longer travel fork would change the feel of the bike drastically. hard to tell without seeing you on it. longer travel fork would get your front end up higher, so would higher rise bars and or stem, or moving spacers on your headset if you have any extra room on there. shorter stem would make you a little bit less stretched out over the front end. you can also try lowering your seat or even tilting it back a few degrees if it's angled down. moving headset spacers and adjusting your saddle is free so try experimenting with that first. hope this helps.

Thanks alot Some changes will be made soon for sure any recommendations on a fork? budget would be about 300 so i'm guessing used would be the best route

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 19:55 Quote
flonkston wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:
flonkston wrote:

Thanks alot Some changes will be made soon for sure any recommendations on a fork? budget would be about 300 so i'm guessing used would be the best route

depends on what you want to do with it. a good upgrade for a fork will have a thru axle in which case you'll probably need a new front wheel unless yours already has thru axle or is adaptable, if it's the stock wheel then it's not. I really like the old marzocchi Z150 and dirt jumpers, they work well and are crazy durable and low maintenance. I have a rockshox argyle on mine, not long travel but really stiff and strong for dirt jumping. I'd stay away from 2008-2010 marzocchi stuff, it had some quality control issues, and I've broken a few manitou forks so I can't say much for their durability.

If you're going to pay $300 for a fork and possibly more for a front wheel you might as well save up a little more and buy another bike to be honest and keep your hardrock so you can have a cross country bike and a jumper.

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 at 2:28 Quote
My old hardrock xc bike.

I had the same problem so i did exactly that with this bike and it made it feel a millon times better.... 100mm forks, 60mm stem with a rise and 40mm of spacers. Also tilting ur bars back and pushing ur seat forwards helps alot i also put. 170mm crankarms on aswell. And i got these, manitou minute experts... rrp is 280 but u can get them much cheaper. For inexpensive forks tgey look and work brilliantly. Gt mine for 180. Had them for over 12months and theyre still like brand new.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 19:33 Quote
Go home spring you re drunk.
Getting a new wheels, brakes and fork this summer. Thinking white for both wheels and fork.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023317
Mobile Version of Website