"All Mountain" forks with 20mm axel... what are my options?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
"All Mountain" forks with 20mm axel... what are my options?
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:39 Quote
kustom1kona wrote:
what about rockshox domain 318. 160 or 180 travel. great fork at reasonable price. just set n go.

Heavy, kinda poor damping. All the other options are better. If you have the budget to get better, get better. Anything over 160mm for AM is too much anyway.

What fork did you end up getting anyway?

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
not sure what he got, hasnt posted in a while

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:44 Quote
Kinda annoys me when people dissapear from a thread they started. I always want to know their decision! lol

The El Guapos are sweet frames.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:45 Quote
+1 to both of those statements, buddy took one out west and road wistler like a champ on it Razz

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:51 Quote
Looks like hes running a 66... odd since I don't think it was ever recommended and definitely isn't an "all mountain" fork. All well.

photo

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
confused bike is confused, tripple ring cranks, fr fork, shitty shock,

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
+1

To each their own though.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 10:11 Quote
Fox 36 talas. I just got some and their fooking amazing.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
AAAndres wrote:

You got "some"? How many do you need?

Day late and a dollar short anyway, trying reading the thread a little next time. The extra 20 seconds wont kill you.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 12:23 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
AAAndres wrote:

Day late and a dollar short anyway, trying reading the thread a little next time. The extra 20 seconds wont kill you.

In England you would been known as a smart arse!

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 12:26 Quote
AAAndres wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
AAAndres wrote:

'Read the formums like an 8 year old reads a magazine, just scroll untill you see pictures', So i take it the extra 20 seconds didnt kill you either then?

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 14:03 Quote
geez, sorry guys: I was out cutting trail and riding bikes! Plus it's May 2-4 weekend up here Beer

The 66 wasn't meant for the El Guapo it's just what I'm using right now, the build still needs brakes and sizing tweaks before it sees dirt. LOL I've got 2.5" Minions on there now and a 50mm stem, it's more than sorta ridiculous Razz

I'm still torn between spending more for a new fork or hunting for the right used fork.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 19:43 Quote
AAAndres wrote:
AAAndres wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

'Read the formums like an 8 year old reads a magazine, just scroll untill you see pictures', So i take it the extra 20 seconds didnt kill you either then?

Your right, it didnt.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 19:48 Quote
vr6ix wrote:
geez, sorry guys: I was out cutting trail and riding bikes! Plus it's May 2-4 weekend up here Beer

The 66 wasn't meant for the El Guapo it's just what I'm using right now, the build still needs brakes and sizing tweaks before it sees dirt. LOL I've got 2.5" Minions on there now and a 50mm stem, it's more than sorta ridiculous Razz

I'm still torn between spending more for a new fork or hunting for the right used fork.

If you buy used, always factor in the cost of a rebuild with new oil / seals / bushings. Once you do that, the price difference isnt always so great. Also with new remember you get a warranty... and its new.

Posted: May 21, 2011 at 20:20 Quote
this, or at least for me when i bought my totem it had a recent rebuild and recipts to proove it also work was done at my lbs...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018556
Mobile Version of Website