Brakeless?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2011 at 9:59 Quote
If anybody thinks i'm trying to hate on you guys, I'm not.

ok so my question is why? I ride a brakeless bmx bike (i ride street park and trails) but on my mountain bike i run brakes in the front and back.
It just seems to make more sense to me to ride brakes on a mountain bike. My guess is for a cleaner, more simple, and lighter setup. Anybody got an answer?

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 0:35 Quote
Some do it for weight. Some do it so they dont have to worry about cables. Some do it for the look. Then theres those who think they should do what everyone else is doing.

Just some common reasons. I hope I helped any dilemmas you were having! Beer

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 0:48 Quote
Some people ride there street mtbs as you ride your bmx, so for the same principles as you do.

Hayes 9 on the rear does me fine though

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 10:15 Quote
I use earthworms to slow down my bike

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 16:00 Quote
Oh sorry that was my friend who hacked my account. Made me laugh when I saw it though!

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 17:07 Quote
Ha, I thought you meant Maxxis Hookworms, which are proper heavy tires with like an urban tread, LOL

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 3:19 Quote
hahah nahh it's all good. don't worry bout itDead Horse

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 8:35 Quote
nickTHEBEARcardone wrote:
If anybody thinks i'm trying to hate on you guys, I'm not.

ok so my question is why? I ride a brakeless bmx bike (i ride street park and trails) but on my mountain bike i run brakes in the front and back.
It just seems to make more sense to me to ride brakes on a mountain bike. My guess is for a cleaner, more simple, and lighter setup. Anybody got an answer?

Exactly for the same reasons why you ride brakeless on a bmx.

Why would it differ if it's on a bmx or on a mtb, if you do the exact same thing on it?

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 11:25 Quote
99% ride brakeless mtb because they are posers.

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 18:37 Quote
I wouldn't call them posers..

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 18:54 Quote
I ride a brakeless track bike around town and never thought I would. Once you get dialed in on a machine and have the confidence, it's not bad.

Brakelss trail bike though? I don't see how you could. It would have to severely limit the type of trails you ride. How would you handle steep, technical, fast descents?

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 4:23 Quote
well, the bikes I've seen are more for dirt jumping and street. I wouldn't use one for dh or fr.. lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016084
Mobile Version of Website