Yet more questions about tubeless setups!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Yet more questions about tubeless setups!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 0:05 Quote
Hey All,

I've been reading through the threads debating the pros and cons of tubeless and seriously thinking of trying it out in my AM rig. If after riding em, I decide that tubeless is junk and I want to go back, can I just take off the rim tape and wash out the goop? or are those rims / tires buggered? Do you need any special cleaning products to wash off the sealant?

Next question, aimed at the other canucks who are forced to park their bikes for most of the winter: Some guys have mentioned that leaving them to sit actually damages the tire and you should try to spin the tires regularly [weekly]. Any truth to this - and if so, what do you do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 9:05 Quote
I've tried them on a few different wheelsets and loads of different tyres it never worked out for me.
One thing I did learn is there's no problem using your tyres after, you don't even have to wash them out just pour out as much as you can wack in your tube and the rest will make it's way out through the valve hole in your rim, messy but harmless.

I think the only problem with leaving them sitting up for a long time is the sealant goes off and needs to be replaced. I could be wrong none of mine lasted a long time.

If you do try no matter how well it works always always always carry a tube! take it from the burp king.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008825
Mobile Version of Website