05 Dh bikes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:22 Quote
Next season i'm planning to do some heavy dh riding and freeriding( I may consider racing too), so my dilemma is i have 2000$(no more then that cause I also want a motocross) and theres an array of bikes im considering.

2005 Norco Team Dh
2006 Norco A-line
05 Rocky mountain Rmx
Specialized demo 05-04
Giant Dh team 05-04
Rm Switch
And a Balfa bb7

Which would be the best?

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:23 Quote
i am partial to the giant so i personaly think its your best bet

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:35 Quote
but which year would suit me? the 05 has a curved top tube and the 04 straight.

Mod
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:42 Quote
For DH racing I would consider these in the order listed. The Giant DH Team bikes are really fast bikes. The curved top tube helps to reduce stand over height so this will be more effective for racing as it will be easier to handle as it won't feel as high. The Norco takes second because it is a lot newer than the BB7 and the BB7 does not pedal very well.

Giant Dh team 05-04
2005 Norco Team Dh
Balfa bb7

For freeriding more, get the Demo since it is not really a race rig. The A-line is also more of a big hit type bike as the geometry is not perfect for DH but it will still be capable of handling DH trails/racing. The RMX is not a race bike at all and the Thrustlink blows. The Switch is a shorter travel bike that DH racing would not be comfortable on.

Specialized demo 05-04
2006 Norco A-line
Tied Rm Switch and 05 Rocky mountain Rmx

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:43 Quote
tone-it wrote:
but which year would suit me? the 05 has a curved top tube and the 04 straight.
it doesnt make a difrence

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:44 Quote
Go with the demo or the rmx they do both fr and dh

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 18:47 Quote
teh giant can do free ride as well

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
Awesome I'm hooked on the Giant thanks for the advice dudes/dudettes.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
I'd have to say that out of all of those, the best bang for buck will be the A-Line.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:11 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
I'd have to say that out of all of those, the best bang for buck will be the A-Line.
an aline is not a good race bike its a good freeride biek thats realy sluggish on dh

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 20:55 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
For DH racing I would consider these in the order listed. The Giant DH Team bikes are really fast bikes. The curved top tube helps to reduce stand over height so this will be more effective for racing as it will be easier to handle as it won't feel as high. The Norco takes second because it is a lot newer than the BB7 and the BB7 does not pedal very well.

Giant Dh team 05-04
2005 Norco Team Dh
Balfa bb7

For freeriding more, get the Demo since it is not really a race rig. The A-line is also more of a big hit type bike as the geometry is not perfect for DH but it will still be capable of handling DH trails/racing. The RMX is not a race bike at all and the Thrustlink blows. The Switch is a shorter travel bike that DH racing would not be comfortable on.

Specialized demo 05-04
2006 Norco A-line
Tied Rm Switch and 05 Rocky mountain Rmx

The 05 Giant DH was the only year of that design that had a curved TT. Also if you want to moto...the Giant is the closest of all the bikes for a moto style linkage on the shock. No point to make other they made it work very well on a mountain bike. Otherwise what this chic chick is saying is true. This TimeSmile

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
iv got an 05 line and its been treatin me well

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008200
Mobile Version of Website