PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Specialized Demo 8/ bikes
O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 11:46 Quote
Flyboy7777 wrote:
Finally another picture leaked.

2016 Specialized demo 8.2 Alu

2016 Demo 8.2 Alu
Why in the world didn't they make the S-Works in this colorway? God how I'd LOVE that! Also, this is obviously carbon. The Demo Carbon which is now available in all black or black/green,

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 17:07 Quote
For you guys that runs a TTX, what are your your opinion on them?

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 18:25 Quote
shockwave wrote:

My buddy bought his Demo with a TTX. 2 months later he swapped it out for a Vivid Air.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 20:01 Quote
shockwave wrote:

been running one for a while after coming off vivid airs.

good shock, but pricy. If i were in the market for a new shock i would probably just go with a vivid air or even the new fox dh air shock... that thing is a beauty.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 20:56 Quote
i have a 2012 and a good buddy has a 2012 we bith were running CCDB and he ended up getting a steal of a deal on an ohlins....... he doies nothing but rave about how much bettter the ohlins is over the CCDB. he is looking to sell so ill be buying the TTX for sure

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 0:29 Quote
I Would actually appreciate a broader range of adjustment than what the Ohlins has. It's a great shock, but if it didn't come with the bike, I'd definitely stick to CCDB.

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
Hello all.

I used the stock 5mm spacer that came with the bike to raise the handlebars 5mm. When installing it though I saw that the 2 bolts that are closer to the handlebar do no longer have too many threads exposed for tightening. Should I use longer bolts or are the default ones OK for that task?

thanks

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 11:42 Quote
Get some longer bolts and loctite them ... you don't want your stem coming loose.

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 12:38 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
I Would actually appreciate a broader range of adjustment than what the Ohlins has. It's a great shock, but if it didn't come with the bike, I'd definitely stick to CCDB.

Really ? Your one of the very few I've heard say they would pick a different shock.

I like the idea of small spring increments and less adjustment range on the C and R. Much more user friendly.
I'd say most people running CCDB arnt setup even close to optimum because of how many settings there are.
Happy trails!

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 16:04 Quote
kent wrote:
MrDuck wrote:

Really ? Your one of the very few I've heard say they would pick a different shock.

I like the idea of small spring increments and less adjustment range on the C and R. Much more user friendly.
I'd say most people running CCDB arnt setup even close to optimum because of how many settings there are.
Happy trails!

I also like the fact that is limited for adjustment, less chance to screw it up. See if I can sell my Avy RC4.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
Anyone knows the rear shock mounting size for the Demo 8 2015 model?

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
Hey guys, I'm about 180-185 pounds with all my gear on and am curious as to what spring I should get for mostly freeride stuff and a good amount of technical stuff. I currently have a 400#, but am feeling like its a little light for the bigger hucks and some tech. Should I go with a 500# spring or a 450#? Thanks!

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 16:32 Quote
I'm 250 and ran a 550 on the fox van shock when I swapped in a CCDB I went with a 500.
I'd probably stick with the 400 at your weight but then again springs are dirt cheep so try a 450 and see if you prefer it.

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 16:55 Quote
kent wrote:
I'm 250 and ran a 550 on the fox van shock when I swapped in a CCDB I went with a 500.
I'd probably stick with the 400 at your weight but then again springs are dirt cheep so try a 450 and see if you prefer it.

yeah I think I will probably just try the 450 out, problem with the 400 is it just doesn't feel quite stiff enough for the bigger hits

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 13:05 Quote
Thinking of getting the Vivid air on my 2012 demo. Which tune are people running? ML or MM

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014672
Mobile Version of Website