Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 11:42 Quote
Could anyone measure the downtube decal on their frame for me? I need to get a decal custom made and the longest I can see is 550mm.

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 12:17 Quote
^ Roughly 570 x 55-60 ...and would look like crap if it isn't put on dead straight (I don't really care for that downtube decal anyways...but just sayin'...gotta be straight or it'll be noticeably "off")
Anyways...a 550x50-55 would do the trick

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 12:50 Quote
Ahh cool. Yeah it's for a mate. Cheers from R that xxxx

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 23:43 Quote
sdiz wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:
My 2015 Status
1st day riding my new large Status

Running a large frame and decided to try running it without a top guide. Didn't lose my chain once in the rocky Dorenaz trails!

You appear to have good taste sir!
Thank you.

Anyone else hear that they may discontinue the status after 2015?
It wouldn't surprise me if they brought out an update or a new version soon. The Status is 3 years old this year and that in the bike industry is a century! Probably come out with some big wheeled version sooner or later...

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
sdiz wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:
My 2015 Status
1st day riding my new large Status

Running a large frame and decided to try running it without a top guide. Didn't lose my chain once in the rocky Dorenaz trails!

You appear to have good taste sir!
Thank you.

Anyone else hear that they may discontinue the status after 2015?
It wouldn't surprise me if they brought out an update or a new version soon. The Status is 3 years old this year and that in the bike industry is a century! Probably come out with some big wheeled version sooner or later...

You're welcome. Yes, it is "old" I suppose lol. I really hope they keep a budget dh bike, cause spesh does a good job with them honestly.

I can say, I have found one design flaw with the frame though. Where the chainstay meets the drop out/ where the horst link is... The chain will rub the frame. This is caused by not having enough B tension and the upper pulley sitting to close to the link. Not enough B tension.... Hit the frame. To much B tension... Shitty shifting.

And have not this pop up for a few pages so I'll bring it back!!! What size is the rear shock?? The website...

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 13:54 Quote
Anyone know some good, light-ish 36 h rims? I'm trying to drop some weight but don't want to spring for new hubs so I'm thinking I'll ditch the stock rims and lace something new up to the stock hubs.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
I know I'm gonna sound like a noob here but how do you remove the cranks, stick and 8 mil in the non drive side?? ( 2013 status 2

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
LOOKaBIKER wrote:
I know I'm gonna sound like a noob here but how do you remove the cranks, stick and 8 mil in the non drive side?? ( 2013 status 2

8mm allen key with an isis crank removal tool.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 16:48 Quote
photo
photo

Nearly finished with my status, started off stock, now has vivid air rear shock, 2015 boxxer teams, saint drive train, formula ro brakes, just popped some 823 rims on hope hubs on it since picture... and of course the slik graphics had to be done

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 19:32 Quote
buttoon wrote:
photo
photo

Nearly finished with my status, started off stock, now has vivid air rear shock, 2015 boxxer teams, saint drive train, formula ro brakes, just popped some 823 rims on hope hubs on it since picture... and of course the slik graphics had to be done

Beautiful.

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 5:15 Quote
2015 DH season - ready to rock

ready for 2015 season

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 5:52 Quote
buttoon wrote:
photo
photo

AWESOME!

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
Just a little bit stickers))

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023534
Mobile Version of Website