Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
Mrduck has good experiences with dbair. Dont know if he's still active in this thread as he bought a new demo. It will be harder to get it serviced, bcs rockshox service is on every corner. Deffinetelly better shock than vivair, but downgrade if you don't know how to setup this shock correctly. Vivair is stupid easy against dbair.

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 16:04 Quote
Yeah even the dials looks confusing, but they have brung out that app for your phone, am not in any rush to get a shock, just looking a for a decent deal on one

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 10:20 Quote
Cane creek provides basetunes on there website for most frames and shocks. its a starting point but after thats its just a few clicks here and there. I know the CCDB air is a bit more tricky to get right compared to the coil. The only thing i hear alot from people with ccdb air is that the XV aircan/sleeve is realy nice to have on there. Cane creek statement is that the XV can give it a more coil/linear feel to it

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
Yup, still here, still full of great memories of my Status with DB Air Big Grin Honestly, it's a great match if you set it up half decent.

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 23:52 Quote
Dbair feels incredible. it did take a bit to set it up. when you do get it, its incredible. it was like a new bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
pappa2beans wrote:
Dbair feels incredible. it did take a bit to set it up. when you do get it, its incredible. it was like a new bike.
I gotta agree to the last letter. I mean, coming from the Van RC, I'm sure it'll feel like a new bike with even Vivid or any other high end shock, but it sure as hell is worth the upgrade.

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
Im running a kage the now, i just dont like it, i was looking at a db in all black but it had already sold, i like the all black shock so just picked up a vivid air, just got to wait for it to come now

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Im running a kage the now, i just dont like it, i was looking at a db in all black but it had already sold, i like the all black shock so just picked up a vivid air, just got to wait for it to come now
I had Kage on operator till i broke the frame. Thanks god the kage had different dimensions :-D

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
Haha classic kona, cant wait to get a new shock like, should of just got a vivid in the first place, on the up side a have another spare one now, do you run any in bottomless tokens in your vivid?

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 16:56 Quote
for all the guys running vivid air or any air shock for that matter,what was the biggest improvement?I still have the stock coil and it does fine until the hits get real big or flat landings,I am guessing volume reducers would help with hard landings,what gives,sell me on an air shock

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 22:31 Quote
Biggest pro is:
If your girflfriend cooks well like mine, you get injured and you raise your weight by 20kgs like me, then you dont need to buy new spring haha :-D
Honestly I can't compare it bcs I had this x-fusion "shock" before I swapped it for vivid. As said before, it was like new bike.
Xfusion - floating on mud / vivair - flying carpet :-)
For guy above: i bottom out rarely and it's becouse i'm stupid and I case or overcook a jump. And yes, there is this volume reducing thing I've never used.

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 2:13 Quote
Ive had standard xfusion shock and a kage and cant find a decent spring rating what feels good on the trails but dosnt bottom out on jumps what arnt that big, im hoping i can get the vivid air set up good for trails and big hits with volume reducers if needed but will try it out them first, ive never had a air shock before so i thought it would be worth a try and its much lighter

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 3:22 Quote
The weight doesn't matter that much in this area of bike. Altrough vivair is the most linear air shock, it's still progressive, so there is still some bottom out resistance. I have never played with volume reducers and I bottom out rarely with sag at 30% and 95kgs. The pressure in shock is about 230psi. You will be happy. And yes, I bottomed out the stock xfusion multiple times with correct sag and I had just 75kgs back then.

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 10:00 Quote
Yeah should be all good then, just cant wait for it to come but its coming from America so going to take ages

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
Got shipped pedals from Crankbros HQ, it took like 5 days to Czech Rep. so it should not be a big waiting ;-) Let us know your feelings and make sure you understand theese rebound knobs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012071
Mobile Version of Website