Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
T-Dub is currently in the process of being re-routed. The trail was pretty much destroyed during the floods last year, so the majority of the trail has to be rebuilt. MMBTS has applied for funding to hire a trail crew to come in do the work to speed up the process, but getting that money is apparently a slow process.

T-Dub will not be open this season. If they don't get the funding to repair it, it could take years for the volunteers to rebuild. If they do get the funding, it should be hopefully open sometime next year.

Any idea how much a trail crew costs? Might be able to run a fundraiser or something. I'd be willing to drop $500 into the bucket to get the ball rolling if they were to get something going.

Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 21:17 Quote
Trail crews are between $200-$300 per day per person depending on expenses, tools, chain saw gas etc. if you want to run a fundraiser you are more than welcome, or your can also join many others and add a donation to your membership. Last year, paying a trail crew was the largest expense for the mmbts and they will hiring another crew immanently, the RFP should post on the website any day now. So, if you want to donate now, the money can be earmarked to add another day to the trial crew schedule.
Also remember that memberships, toonie races, shirts, and the poker run are not only for fun, but are fund raisers too.
Memberships numbers are light so far this year, and at only $25 you show how the community supports the trails (meaning the government and other stakeholders see how important the trails are to the community. That is less than a 4 h pass to COP and probably half what you burn in gas shuttling.
but it does make me happy to see that others in the community are informed and know what is going on in some of the previous posts

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2014 at 23:09 Quote
Anyone have any idea about the level of canyon creek? Would love to ride some trails on that side of the mountain without getting soaked.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 5:52 Quote
getstuff wrote:
Trail crews are between $200-$300 per day per person depending on expenses, tools, chain saw gas etc. if you want to run a fundraiser you are more than welcome, or your can also join many others and add a donation to your membership. Last year, paying a trail crew was the largest expense for the mmbts and they will hiring another crew immanently, the RFP should post on the website any day now. So, if you want to donate now, the money can be earmarked to add another day to the trial crew schedule.
Also remember that memberships, toonie races, shirts, and the poker run are not only for fun, but are fund raisers too.
Memberships numbers are light so far this year, and at only $25 you show how the community supports the trails (meaning the government and other stakeholders see how important the trails are to the community. That is less than a 4 h pass to COP and probably half what you burn in gas shuttling.
but it does make me happy to see that others in the community are informed and know what is going on in some of the previous posts

I'm already a member but where should I send the money? I work out of town so it's been impossible to make it to any of the trail days.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 9:08 Quote
cueTIP wrote:
getstuff wrote:

I'm already a member but where should I send the money? I work out of town so it's been impossible to make it to any of the trail days.

Send an email to info@mmbts.com, they will get you sorted.

Thank you for the donations, they are a huge help!

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 10:31 Quote
mikestewart wrote:
Anyone have any idea about the level of canyon creek? Would love to ride some trails on that side of the mountain without getting soaked.

A post on the Trail Conditions for Calgary Riders thread said there was a log across that you can use. Alternatively you can skirt along the riverbank and it is about a 200m walk upstream to the road bridge from T-dub.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
mikestewart wrote:

There is almost no creek right now. Just finished riding family guy a few times and not once did I worry about water. It's a bed of rocks really. Not sure if other trails end further up the creek but you will be fine.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 19:56 Quote
Just a heads up, the 2nd last gap jump with the small table option on ROS before papa bear has been closed off. Rode it tonight and both me and my bud had a near miss with a log that was part of the landing lying in the middle of the landing further down, just got my back tire over in time to avoid major disaster (riding hardtail). The landing in general is completely void of dirt with just the rotten filler logs showing and now with the broken piece gone it just simply is not safe any more. We blocked off both lips with obvious logs propped on trees so don't be alarmed when you come flying through and see the jumps blocked off. Also there is a rut of certain death on the landing of Full Throttle so I'd suggest steering clear or if you're hardcore be sure to transfer to the left, but please look before leaping!

Edit for photo evidence

Near death experience.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
Re: Request for Quote for Labour and Supervision
The Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society (MMBTS) is pleased to request a quotation to provide labour, supervision, and transportation for trail maintenance and construction projects for the Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society (MMBTS) per the below details and conditions.

Please see MMBTS.com to read more
http://www.mmbts.com/members/notice-request-for-tender/

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
If you have had your fill of mini donuts and pancakes, how about meeting your riding buddies and giving a little back to the trails.

Tuesday July 15 @ 7:00 pm, meet at Ing's Mine Parking lot for a couple of hours of work. Anyone can help out, no experience necessary. We provide plenty of jobs, tools, you just bring your community spirit.

The Next Trail Evening is on August 20th.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 20:31 Quote
Great day at Moose, trails were a bit too dry but after suffering through June I wont complain.

I dragged my wife out to a couple of trail days on Family Guy last year and today was her first time riding it, her thoughts..."my new favourite trail".

Would really like to thank the MMBTS executive, particularly Don for all the hard work building and spearheading the effort to get this trail built. Of course the 100's of people that volunteered played a huge role in building this trail but Don's vision of a beginner trail at Moose kept things going.

If you build it they will come, a great trail to bring new riders to the sport of DH mountain biking.

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 20:48 Quote
I hope to be going to moose soon! But most likely in a couple weeks.. Been liking what I have read about it and as a result I look forward to trying moose mountain!

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
Just a heads up going to do some matenance on race of spades at moose, so if your out for a rip keep an eye open for me. I will leave my bike up the trail a bit just as a marker that I'm there.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/11145231/. So the landing to this gap jump has been fixed. The dirt was extremely dry so may need some more work after some rain. I have pics but can't seem to load them from my I phone.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
kingfish666 wrote:
http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/11145231/. So the landing to this gap jump has been fixed. The dirt was extremely dry so may need some more work after some rain. I have pics but can't seem to load them from my I phone.
Arnt you handy! Thumbs up homie!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017345
Mobile Version of Website