Superstar components yay or nay ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Superstar components yay or nay ?
Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 16:50 Quote
post your opinions of there products on here. what do you think of them? im looking at getting some of there grips, brake pads (not decided on witch ones yet) some of there tools and there grande 1.5th to 1.1/8 headset. for my dh bike what do people think of there parts?

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 16:56 Quote
yes yes and yes! grips look good! last long, feel good and brake pads are a beast and i dont know about headset

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
pads wear quick compared to competitors, but for the price you cant complain.
pedal bearings are good on the nano techs but the axels are weak, i bent mine pretty easily.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:02 Quote
the grips they do are pretty crap tbh (well the 'supagrippa' ones are anyway - never tried the 'excel')

but i have also had the kevlar brake pads and the reducer headset and they were both awesome if i had to sum it up in 1 word. brake pads last for a long time, and the bearings in the headset are VERY good!

so a defo yay!

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:04 Quote
good Smile another question sintered or Kevlar pads from them?

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:04 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Attention InB4marquisAttention
??????????

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:05 Quote
hmm never tried their sintered but i'd go with kevlar if it was me buying them Smile

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:05 Quote
sintered, i felt very liltle performance difference between kevlar and sintered, except sintered last longer

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:22 Quote
apparently there kevlar ones ware away your disks :S looks like ill go with sintered Smile

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:29 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
??????????

Cheap bollocks made chaep in taiwan by a crap co pany.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:29 Quote
I run their stuff. Great value products.

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:31 Quote
marquis wrote:
freeridemanic wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
??????????

Cheap bollocks made chaep in taiwan by a crap co pany.

what parts have you used? name em and shame em bro!

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 17:34 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
apparently there kevlar ones ware away your disks :S looks like ill go with sintered Smile
id be surprised if any brake pad didnt wear your disk...

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 2:14 Quote
I'm not superstars biggest fan, the bearings in a lot of the products aren't utter crap, seen so many people smash up the pedals or bend them and I have heard the brake pad surface is prone to cracking up and crumbling away.

I did buy a wheelset from them though with Switch front (gash) and Triziod (amaaaazing) rear hubs. The bearings in the higher up stuff are good quality but they don't stock replacements.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008868
Mobile Version of Website