Downhill Insurance Cover for 1 week in Morzine?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Downhill Insurance Cover for 1 week in Morzine?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 1:34 Quote
Hi All,

I've just found out my year's travel insurance cover doesn't include Downhill. I'm travelling to Morzine for a week's DH on Saturday and want to make sure me and my bike are covered for accidents/damage.

Any tips on the best value company/cover?

Cheers,

Ian

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 9:21 Quote
Insurance?

Really?

Body Armour and knowing what you can ride, and when you can ride it.

Insurance dude? Really?

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 9:33 Quote
I was lucky that my insurance covered me when I went, because I did need it!

I just said I fell off a bike, didnt specify what I was doing.

Get it though, my accident was on the easiest track out there, I just lost concentration abit, went too fast round a corner and went off tabletop and landed wrong.
Needed to get flown home andeverything, so you Canuck can be quiet, everyone has an accident!

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 15:20 Quote
gclarida wrote:
Insurance?

Really?

Body Armour and knowing what you can ride, and when you can ride it.

Insurance dude? Really?

So you never crash? Or do you just take the XC trails at 5 mph? Even then, there's a risk of crashing.

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 4:51 Quote
Its pretty dumb to write off insurance..Especially somewhere like Morzine/Les Gets which has some pretty mad runs !.!. My brother has chalet in Morzine and last winter my nephew had minor snowboard accuident but someone rode over him and sliced up his arm, they were sure glad iof insurance, without it, you are going to run into problems straight away should you need airlifting off the mountain, etc.

I just searched around and got mine for £13 for a week in Morzine (www.etravelinsure.com), was quite high excess though, a friend of mine used a company caklkled DogTag which was pricey but you got a cool Dogtag to where with all the info/phone numbers on it.

Andy

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016901
Mobile Version of Website