Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 19:00 Quote
or maby industry nines. not sure yet. but i will post picks when i get them.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 5:03 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
as for wheelset i am looking at a crankbrother opium. i heard they are strong

Interesting choice. I am sure they are, looking at them just scares me though. It would look pretty sweet.

Hope hubs on Spank rims makes for a bomb ass wheelset if I may give my advice.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 5:37 Quote
I would recommend Easton Havoc DH 28 Spoke wheelset. Bombproof, straight pull spokes, and lighter than Deemax.

Please don't confuse them with the AM Havoc.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 5:52 Quote
bungalowbill wrote:
I would recommend Easton Havoc DH 28 Spoke wheelset. Bombproof, straight pull spokes, and lighter than Deemax.

never seen any of the dh havocs before

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 6:09 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
bungalowbill wrote:

never seen any of the dh havocs before

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/wheel-sets/product/review-easton-havoc-dh-wheels-09-35336/

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Easton-Havoc-DH-Wheels-review-2009.html

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 6:32 Quote
alright i will check them out. but i might be able to get my hands on the sage 2. but not sure.
thanks for the advice

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 6:35 Quote
and the easton havoc dh are not lighter than deemax. these are 2295g and deemaxs are i think 1995g so these are 1/4 heavier than the sage. or 3/5 of a pound heavier than the deemax
but thank you for your sugestion

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 7:26 Quote
I would get the opium dh instead of the sage fr so its even burlier.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 7:37 Quote
apperently the sage wheelset is the stronger one that weighs a bit more (50g) but the opium wheelset i was looking at sold. and sorry it wasn;'t a sage 2 sorry it was a specieal edition sage thats all brown and only 3 sold

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 9:38 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
and the easton havoc dh are not lighter than deemax. these are 2295g and deemaxs are i think 1995g so these are 1/4 heavier than the sage. or 3/5 of a pound heavier than the deemax
but thank you for your sugestion

Maybe on paper but that changes slightly in production, they are for sure lighter than my Deemax. Deemax are not 1995g they are quoted as 2160g and that is for the lightest ultimate version..

THe Crank brothers wheelset looks mint, but I would be concerned with repair costs...

What about Hope Pro 3 straight pull hubs on Mavic 729 rims???

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 12:57 Quote
yes but with hope pro three that has got to be pricy. i am looking at spending around 500 on wheelset
http://www.mavic.com/en/product/wheels/mountain-bike/wheels/Deemax-Ultimate

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 7:41 Quote
ok i just had the idea of maby getting a fr2350 instead of a sage. any opinions?

Posted: Nov 10, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
ok i just had the idea of maby getting a fr2350 instead of a sage. any opinions?

i have owned a pair of dts older dh wheels. They were reasonably light and spun smoothly but the rims were a little soft. I have heard dt swiss has fixed the problem though. If they are like the enduro wheels they make they would be awesome.

Posted: Nov 11, 2011 at 7:21 Quote
photo

not these wheels spesiicly but a pair of them.
what would you think?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015595
Mobile Version of Website