Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.
Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 7:13 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:
Its pretty much down to personal opinion on feel. Shimano is a silky feeling smooth shift while SRAM is more of a definitive reassuring click (nice kind of solid but light click). Personally I like the SRAM feel myself. I have had way more luck with longevity issues with SRAM. I have tuned tons and tons of derailleurs while working in a shop and the SRAM's tend to stay in tune longer and have a way longer life span the the shimano. You cant beat another XO set.
im just like you then. i have used shimano since my norco scrambler... lol. i like the click too.

I mean after a month the shimano set just feels lifeless and worn out.

Posted: Dec 7, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:
Its pretty much down to personal opinion on feel. Shimano is a silky feeling smooth shift while SRAM is more of a definitive reassuring click (nice kind of solid but light click). Personally I like the SRAM feel myself. I have had way more luck with longevity issues with SRAM. I have tuned tons and tons of derailleurs while working in a shop and the SRAM's tend to stay in tune longer and have a way longer life span the the shimano. You cant beat another XO set.
im just like you then. i have used shimano since my norco scrambler... lol. i like the click too.

Sram is definitely a nicer feel, the one down side to it is that there not as strong as shimano, but they feel/work amazing!

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 4:34 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
as for wheelset i am looking at a crankbrother opium. or anything that will ride for a while

why dont you get the pink camo sun mtx wheel mate have look on chainreaction

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 5:07 Quote
mxboi wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
as for wheelset i am looking at a crankbrother opium. or anything that will ride for a while

Really? Huh, my experiences lead me to disagree. I have had and seen other people have far better luck with SRAM then Shimano as far as breaking goes.

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 7:27 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
mxboi wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

Really? Huh, my experiences lead me to disagree. I have had and seen other people have far better luck with SRAM then Shimano as far as breaking goes.
well for brakes i am 99% sure im getting the 2012 hope tech evo v2m2g ti

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 8:27 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:
mxboi wrote:

Well your not really going to beat that.

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:

Well your not really going to beat that.
ya.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 7:44 Quote
alright, so now i know i am getting the mope m4 evo tech. but now should i get the special edition (black and green) or normal (silver and black) (to match) and if i get the silver, i would have a few options, eithere the tech evo lever, or the race lever, (race is $20 more) and then i could go with normal black hoses, or steel braided hoses (30 more)

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 7:47 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
alright, so now i know i am getting the mope m4 evo tech. but now should i get the special edition (black and green) or normal (silver and black) (to match) and if i get the silver, i would have a few options, eithere the tech evo lever, or the race lever, (race is $20 more) and then i could go with normal black hoses, or steel braided hoses (30 more)

Normal silver would match most of your other components far better. And steel braid looks bad ass.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 7:47 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

Normal silver would match most of your other components far better. And steel braid looks bad ass.
all right, but racing levers? i like the normal ones.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 7:49 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
the-real-me wrote:
bcbiker856 wrote:

all right, but racing levers? i like the normal ones.

Thats all you, get which ever you think will feel best in your hand.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 11:12 Quote
Good selection, sir.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 11:32 Quote
btw, here are my suggestions from where you should go next.
Tires: Maxxis Minnion F and R
Grips: It's all a personal preference, but I like these: http://www.odigrips.com/yetilock-ongrips130mm-1.aspx
Bottom Bracket: http://raceface.com/components/bottom-brackets/bottom-brackets/x-type-race-dh/
Crank set: http://raceface.com/components/cranks/atlas/atlas-fr/ in purple nurple color.
Pedals: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=xpedo&gs_upl=3404l3690l1l3853l2l1l1l0l0l0l143l143l0.1l2l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1351&bih=802&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3968421102897881271&sa=X&ei=A2LiTqa1C6bgiALWv8GpDw&ved=0CE8Q8gIwBQ

and of course, an e thirteen bash guard.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
If you really want some blinging pedals, look at Twenty6 and ask if they could do urban camo but instead of that they could to white and pink ano. Explain to them that it is for cancer awareness

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014903
Mobile Version of Website