hi have been having a look on ebay at some 66's and have ended up in a whole load of confusion what is the difference between all the different models/years eg rc/vf2/rc2x/vf/sl1/sl/ata/rcv/rc3/rv/ti/z which ones are air/coil what travel are they some seem to be 150/170 some are 160 some 180. which are good which are bad? can anyone help out.
I owned a 2007, and jumped in early on a 2009 model without knowing if they had gotten their shit together, but they did. At least with the coil forks.
I stopped buying fox forks because Marzocchi proved to be so much more reliable.
Up until this point, the 2009 RC2X has proven to be as realiable as the 2007 fork. I recomend this fork since its a coil shock and it has air assist. 2007 and 2006 was one of the best years for the 66 lineup.
I can't say anything further about the rest of the line.
rc: rebound and compression, good. vf2: i don't know. probably made around 2005. rc2x: VERY good. i own a 66 rc2x 180 mm 2007 myself and it's reaaly really good. rebound, low speed compression, bottom out compression, air preload vf: good, air preload, rebound, 2005. sl1: i don't know. sl: idk ata: air coil. i've heard of many of them leaking, but apart from that they have good reviews. rcv: rebound, compression, air preload. decent. rc3: rebound, lsc, volume adjust (bottom out), preload rv: air preload, rebound. good performance. ti: titanium! a good thing. z: 2003/2004ish. heavy, but good performance.