HAHAH, I think hes got you dracones!

lol bitch please I'm from the bay ... Whip we started this mt. bike shit! Wink

Little punk's got quite the attitude.
Read more carefully next time.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 7:33 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
dracones wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
Rockshox Pike ... aww gahd! "the earth is not flat" thanks Capt. obvious!

I tried the Pike on the new Pitch this weekend. Why do I have to keep turning that damn U-Turn thing 'till my fingers hurt? So not-on-the-fly! Confused

Haha. Yah, we'll talk more when you're gonna sell the Fox to get a Pike.
Not gonna be long.

not happening ... ever. But please humor me, why is the Pike better than a Fox 36? 2 cents

My understanding is that I have 20 mm's of more practical adjust-ability with 4 mm thicker stanchion's to displace bigger hits and hi-speed compression adjust-ability for responsive single-track riding at only .1 lb more than a 454 Pike. I'm no math-magician but that adds up to a better shock in my book.

Was talking about the match to the bike.
But it seems that you forgot your ADD pills again.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 7:44 Quote
Your setup is really close to perfection. Honestly, it is obvious that your built has beem well thought.
Congradulation and have fun!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:17 Quote
dracones wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
HAHAH, I think hes got you dracones!

lol bitch please I'm from the bay ... Whip we started this mt. bike shit! Wink

Little punk's got quite the attitude.
Read more carefully next time.

Razz no real attitude here man, i'm just having some forum fun Beer

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:23 Quote
dracones wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
dracones wrote:

Haha. Yah, we'll talk more when you're gonna sell the Fox to get a Pike.
Not gonna be long.

not happening ... ever. But please humor me, why is the Pike better than a Fox 36? 2 cents

My understanding is that I have 20 mm's of more practical adjust-ability with 4 mm thicker stanchion's to displace bigger hits and hi-speed compression adjust-ability for responsive single-track riding at only .1 lb more than a 454 Pike. I'm no math-magician but that adds up to a better shock in my book.

The Fox 36 matched the bike ... I put the steer in the head tube and it didn't rattle Razz OF course I'm joking, but I still don't see how the Pike is better for the bike even geometrically than a 36 when I can still drop it to 100mm for climbing just like your Pike. We're talking about the same head tube angle why would it be any different? Very confused

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:26 Quote
louiffe wrote:
Your setup is really close to perfection. Honestly, it is obvious that your built has beem well thought.

Hey Louiffe? Out of curiosity, What would entail perfection in your eyes?

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:28 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
dracones wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:

The Fox 36 matched the bike ... I put the steer in the head tube and it didn't rattle Razz OF course I'm joking, but I still don't see how the Pike is better for the bike even geometrically than a 36 when I can still drop it to 100mm for climbing just like your Pike. We're talking about the same head tube angle why would it be any different? Very confused

Nah, just different tastes, mainly.

Although... The A2C will be different and kinda high on the 36 - it'll be the same for the Fox at 130mm travel as for the Pike at 140mm travel, I think.

But if you want a do-it-all horsey, the 36 is a good choice.
I need a pure trail bike - I have a big bike for big stuff.

The LT is a fantastic bike anyway. Enjoy.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:36 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
louiffe wrote:

For my ridding style, I found the DHX air way better than the RP23 on the Blur LT. But, the bike still really nice. It is much more of a personnal preference.

Have fun! Wink

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:22 Quote
louiffe wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
louiffe wrote:

For my ridding style, I found the DHX air way better than the RP23 on the Blur LT. But, the bike still really nice. It is much more of a personnal preference.

Have fun! Wink

Very good point, if this RP23 gets destroyed ... DHX 5.0 air all the way; especially since the '08 now has the 2 position Pro-Pedal lever. I still wanna pedal this bike! Oh yea and did I mention I only weigh 155 lbs at 6ft Razz

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
i have a blur lt and want to put on the Talas 36, but i keep getting shit saying that is will be to high on the bars... whats your opinion? and to the guy who put the DHX air on his, does it perform better, how so?

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
louiffe wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:

Have fun! Wink

Very good point, if this RP23 gets destroyed ... DHX 5.0 air all the way; especially since the '08 now has the 2 position Pro-Pedal lever. I still wanna pedal this bike! Oh yea and did I mention I only weigh 155 lbs at 6ft Razz

6ft and 130. I win!

(don't worry, i am thirteen.)

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012902
Mobile Version of Website