1x9 SuperD/All Mtn/Gravity Enduro Drivetrain

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
1x9 SuperD/All Mtn/Gravity Enduro Drivetrain
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 at 7:09 Quote
I have a specialized enduro and am debating on going to a 2x9 or a 1x9 drivetrain. Just curious on what size chainrings everybody is riding on their 1x9 set up.

I have a spare 36 tooth e.thirteen single ring for my DH bike
I also have the saint 22/36 double ring setup

I just can't decide at this point what I want to do

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 at 17:10 Quote
i have a 32 up front and love it, not sure what you plan on doin but i do all mountain and it is awesome works for those uphills and downhills! but then again when your tired it can be nice to have that granny ring upfront, mostly up to what urr ridin and how strong ur legs are
hope that helps Smile

Posted: Oct 9, 2011 at 19:31 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
i have a 32 up front and love it, not sure what you plan on doin but i do all mountain and it is awesome works for those uphills and downhills! but then again when your tired it can be nice to have that granny ring upfront, mostly up to what urr ridin and how strong ur legs are
hope that helps Smile

thanks.. my middle ring right now is a 32 and I never change it so I'm like why have all this other stuff that I'm not using.. I am a fan of taking away luxuries to improve myself so I think if I use a 36 tooth chainring and leave my cassete which is a 34-11 or change it to to a 36-11.. My hopes are that it makes me a stronger rider cause I don't like to hike up hills

Posted: Oct 10, 2011 at 4:31 Quote
going 1x9 with 32 up front gives you a lowest ratio in first that is equal to 4th if using a granny ring, so its only an extra 3 gears that you're missing out on. i ran that for a while but found i missed those extra gears ( i love grinding out gut busting climbs, beating my mates to the top to watch them pass out ) plus i found my chains wore much faster, i guessed it was all the extra stress from more torque tension while running an extreme chain angle.

i now run 22, 36 + bash with the additional of this K-Edge piece to stop the chain dropping.
i never drop a chain, can spin up most hills and the 36tooth ring gives me more cruising and high speed range in the one gear up front.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014076
Mobile Version of Website