NWD8 wrong message

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
NWD8 wrong message
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 10:46 Quote
chill, its just a rock let it go, but yeah the wrestling thing killed the hardcoreness of the film did for me anyway, over here wrestlings kinda ridiculed (over here we just use bottles and stuff) and not apart of british activities

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 10:50 Quote
youngadam wrote:
chill, its just a rock let it go, but yeah the wrestling thing killed the hardcoreness of the film did for me anyway, over here wrestlings kinda ridiculed (over here we just use bottles and stuff) and not apart of british activities

Haha! Your country is the proud birthplace of soccer hooligans! Why wrestle when you can cut someone with a broken bottle or bludgeon them with your stadium chair? The British get it done right!

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 11:03 Quote
What about NWD 5 all of the riders escaped from jail and were running from the cops. The producers are just trying to make it a little comical for the veiwer I don't no why this many people have there panties in a knot over this its just a movie Madder

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 11:16 Quote
I just read through all the comments on here. I have watched the video 100 times already. I skip through the wrestling stuff - because I bought a bike video, not a wrasslin' vid. Besides that, I have never put a moments thought into what anything implies, or suggests - I just watch the video in amazement, get stoked, like how long it is compared to many vids, then press PLAY as soon as it is done... Oh, I watch it while I work - tuff life heh! hahah.

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
eblackwell wrote:
NWD 8 was so sick stop bitching and complaining about the Smackdown part (which was awesome) and just enjoy the riding plus the music was rad too.

I think the problem I have with the smackdown segments is twofold:
1. You can't market a movie as being 90 minutes (or whatever the claimed length is) when there is likely 10 minutes of uselessness.
2. If you like that kind of thing, it's probably fun/funny the first time. Entertaining the second time, getting stale the third time and by the time you've watched a movie as many times as I will in a month, you wish you could remove the skits from the whole thing.

It is pointless and, even if you like it the first time, I guarantee you don't watch the skits on the 145th time. I'd rather see the time, the money and the resources spent, say, flying some unknown hotshot kid out for a day of filming....

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
YOU KILLED THAT POOR ROCK YOU BASTARDS!!!!!

Seriously, if you HONESTLY care about the environmental impact of blowing up a rock, maybe you should think about them flying Wayne Goss halfway around the world to jump over a camel.

I didn't really care about the wrestling theme, if it offended you that much, well, deal with it. And I thought most of the music was good - Lacondeguy's was a bit off, maybe Bas' too, but Buckcherry for Bourdon was good, and Lay Down by Priestess is one heckuva riding tune. And I'd also disagree with the fool who thought Berrecloth's segment was rubbish - the first time I saw it, I was like, "was that it?" but now it;s one of my favourites. Not as stunning as Lacondeguy's or Boyko's, but it has a really nice mix of riding to it, I thought.

Whatever2 cents

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
mellis-uk wrote:
Okay I agree if you don't like the wrestling theme, but what the hell does blowing up a rock have to do with anything ? Who cares ? It's a rock..It's not hurting the enviroment, you'd do more damage by nailed north shore into trees.. it was probably a construction site and they asked to film that because it's badass. ( some how I doubt cause when they're doing blasting they lock those places down like Chernobyl )
agreed and just incase you didnt notice, ben boyko didnt blow it up, the open pit mine, or gravel company whatever it was did it, and do it on a daily basis.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
tbh i dont plan on buying another issue of nwd 8 unless its got a good crash section.
The collective films like Roam - aswell as Earthed and kranked all have much better riding, soundtrack and filmography.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
harriieee wrote:
YOU KILLED THAT POOR ROCK YOU BASTARDS!!!!!
Seriously, if you HONESTLY care about the environmental impact of blowing up a rock, maybe you should think about them flying Wayne Goss halfway around the world to jump over a camel.

Oh yeah. hahaha!

I thought the music choice was really good. I also really liked wayne goss's part but I thought the camel part ruined it. If it was done in like 5 seconds then fair play, but therre was like a miuite of build up which gets on my nerves.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
ok...at 1st from watching the trailers i was skeptical at best about the wrestling theme. I have even flamed it on here. But after watching the movie a couple of times i still dont "love it" but it dont hate it either. Its just there. I have to admit its a good way of introducing the riders, makes you take some more notice of them.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 23:10 Quote
limited60 wrote:
eblackwell wrote:
NWD 8 was so sick stop bitching and complaining about the Smackdown part (which was awesome) and just enjoy the riding plus the music was rad too.

I think the problem I have with the smackdown segments is twofold:
1. You can't market a movie as being 90 minutes (or whatever the claimed length is) when there is likely 10 minutes of uselessness.
2. If you like that kind of thing, it's probably fun/funny the first time. Entertaining the second time, getting stale the third time and by the time you've watched a movie as many times as I will in a month, you wish you could remove the skits from the whole thing.

It is pointless and, even if you like it the first time, I guarantee you don't watch the skits on the 145th time. I'd rather see the time, the money and the resources spent, say, flying some unknown hotshot kid out for a day of filming....

1) Yes you can because it is still footage
2) If you buy the dvd, upload it on your computer cut out those scenes, and watch the movie over and over without those scences

And they did spend their time money and resources flying some hotshot kid out for a day of filming, they went many places, dont bitch about it so much. 1 Scence of wrestling and you guys think the movie sucks...

Suck it up, were mountain bikers, were dirtbags not movie analyists, if you dont like the movie, then dont watch it....were here to watch a good movie so just fast forward the wrestling scences if you dont like it

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 23:15 Quote
peach wrote:
I watched nwd 8 for the first time last night. I must say that 95% of the music sucked (it made my ears bleed!Thumbs Down ) and it didn't fit with the riding at all... I didn't like anything about it but the riding..... all the other.."stuff" kinda sucked Thumbs Down and has nothing to do with riding a bike. The NWD films needs to go back to having the movie more about the "riding" and less about trying to make it look fancy!

A) if your ears did indeed bleed then that means your eardrums were blown s you should turn it down (i know they didnt actually bleed)

B) Music did fit with the riding otherwise they wouldnt have picked that music

C) If the movie didnt focus on making it look fancy, then it would be a bunch of raw footage and you wouldnt like the movie near as much.. all the other "Stuff" (as you call it) indroduces the riders way better then going from 1 rider to another, 1 song to another, 1 place to another and just putting their names in the title insantly..
Introduction comes with the movie part, and I bet if you were in that movie you would be happy to have an introduction so maybe people know your face and get "introduced" to you

just sit back and enjoy the movie

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 23:19 Quote
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
I just watched a lot of NWD8, and i got the impression that it is so destructive. e.g. Ben Boyko blowing up the rock behind him....why?
I didnt like the whole Smack Down element either, the music was all out through the whole movie except Gracia and Barel.
Anyway, some really amazing riding, but if i was a non mountain bker and i saw this movie it would turn me off the sport!

ya music was very bad, shame on them.

for me music= 20 %

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 23:23 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
tbh i dont plan on buying another issue of nwd 8 unless its got a good crash section.
The collective films like Roam - aswell as Earthed and kranked all have much better riding, soundtrack and filmography.

Agreed. I prefer movies like The Collective, Roam, and Stripped. They are more chill and have much better music, riding, and themes.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 23:24 Quote
music was awsome, wrestling theme was dope. (oh no 7 min of intro! what are we gona do),riding was off the hook. You guys critic the movie way to hard..if you dont like it dont watch it and make a high bugdet movie of your own

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019056
Mobile Version of Website