Skids not for kids!!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Skids not for kids!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
Do you ever wounder why there is braking bums on you favorite trails? its because rich city boy come with there 3 grand bikes and rip them up by skiding! fair enough drifting and railing into a berm looks pritty dam cool but you dont need to jam your back anchors on!! join the debate. what do you think about "skiders"?

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 14:21 Quote
Skidders are annoying granted, i dont mind when its some grom trail that you can do a high speed run down, i expect it because of the younger kids and beginners.

As the trails get harder and more advanced it starts to make me mad because either
A: Someone didnt know trhe trail and it was way out of their ability level.
B: They didnt know the trail but think its cool to skid every corner
C:City kid with 3k bike that mummy and daddy bought, thinks hes the shit and skids the corners

Granted it can be nesscasary on tight corner or something smiliar.

theres nothing i hate more than a good trail rutted out by skids and the berms full of brake bumps.

IE: topgun (fernie)

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 14:22 Quote
I don't see what the big deal is, a lot of people do that when there just ripping down a trail. Nothing 30 seconds and a shovel can't fix.

Thats just my opinion though, a lot of people will probably have a different thought on it.

Chom

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 14:25 Quote
very annoying but it is nessarcery on some courses on a tight corner or something similar or even if you need to stop quickly because the person on front of you just crashed! i think if you are skidding for the hell of it no but if its by mistake or there is a reason for it its acceptable. mind you i hate when i skid on a trail because it means the next time i ride there there will be a big skid in the middle of my line :@ i always repair any damage i cause

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 16:56 Quote
i dont know.. i think if kids want to skid, they have the right to. We all have our own style. Maybe its theres. And i dont think its fair to judge the kids by there nice bikes. If they have nice bikes, but suck, give them tips. Make them better riders.
Like a guy above said, its nothing 30 seconds and a shovel cant fix. And if skids are what it takes to keep kid ripping and safe, so be it.

thats my opinion.

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 19:19 Quote
if its a nice, bermed turn, then theres no reason to be skidding around... but if its a flat turn, sometimes the only way round is to get the bike low and let the back end come out. i have to admit i do it sometimes when i know i cant get round the corner fast without skidding off, but i try to avoid it because i dont want to spend more than i have to on rubber.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 11:44 Quote
I totaly agree! a see all you points. but its when you come up to a realy nice berm and on the straight run up to it there massive pot holes every where!

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 12:16 Quote
^^ reminds me of my local trails before a drop/bombhole or jump! most of the time its acutly the older guys/gals who do it because they havnt seen it coming and are going to "fast"

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 13:23 Quote
I don't mind the brake bumps because it typically adds difficulty to the section and just makes it that much better when you're hauling ass.

And when you're really really pinning it, skidding is not just a good technique, it can be neccesary to proper form. There's no faster way around a tight corner than sliding sideways...

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
the worst is skidders on a set of trails, when it gets particularly dry it f*cks them right up. but skids arnt for kids! theyre the coolest thing ever, out of everything. the best ones are skidding so your back wheel hits stuff

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 19:26 Quote
Kids just need to learn how to corner right.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 19:31 Quote
My friend (ilikemybike011) skids up to lips of dj with his SX trail and two juciy 7s.

And it make the lips all dusty and wear away..

His new nickname is Lip-Nibbler

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
the very worst is when people skid up the lips at dirt jumps. there is this one kid who does it every single run because he is scared of the next jump. he lands, sprints, and then skids right up the lip because he thinks its coolMadder . I have no idea why you would sprint when you know you are going to stopVery confused . now there is a pool of sand right before this jump, and he wonders why. we call him the "lip nibbler" because there are tons of little pieces missing from the lip. But yeah, breaking bumps suck too.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
jackthemaniac wrote:
the very worst is when people skid up the lips at dirt jumps. there is this one kid who does it every single run because he is scared of the next jump. he lands, sprints, and then skids right up the lip because he thinks its coolMadder . I have no idea why you would sprint when you know you are going to stopVery confused . now there is a pool of sand right before this jump, and he wonders why. we call him the "lip nibbler" because there are tons of little pieces missing from the lip. But yeah, breaking bumps suck too.

Reminds me of someone with the user name of ilikemybike011.

http://ilikemybike011.pinkbike.com/

Flame Him!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011940
Mobile Version of Website