Brakeless Fixed Gear Discussion

PB Forum :: 29ers
Brakeless Fixed Gear Discussion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 10:52 Quote
Here's a place to discuss the merits of riding brakeless, with or without foot retention, etc. This is a topic that fits perfectly into the "Fixed Gear Info and Discussion Thread", and it was interesting the first few times people discussed it, but it's getting rehashed nearly every other time someone posts a bike, and it's starting to get a bit old.

If someone posts a bike with flats, brakeless, and no straps, either keep your mouth shut, or link em' here, and knock heads all you want.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 10:59 Quote
Will add this to my directory thread Salute

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:03 Quote
anybody who does it is an idiot.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:09 Quote
From the "Post your fixie" thread.

Harparo wrote:
blendo wrote:
I apologize to everybody for filling the thread with anti brake less banter. I will now keep my mouth shut. Carry on.

It would actually be useful if you posted some of your more eloquent arguments in the Brakeless Thread, so you could link people to it in future.

We could still warn people of the dangers, without bunging things up.

Sounds good. I agree that many threads were getting totally clogged up with the brake less stuff.

I will post if anybody brings anything up that tickles my fancy, otherwise I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

And might as well change the title to "Brakeless Fixed Gear Argument", because we all know thats what its going to be. lol

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:22 Quote
Brakes are gay and not cool and make you look stupid and not hip thye make you slow and chicks prefer no brakes

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
p45tom wrote:
Brakes are gay and not cool and make you look stupid and not hip thye make you slow and chicks prefer no brakes

/sarcasm

FYP

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 11:42 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
p45tom wrote:

/sarcasm

FYP

I honestly hope thats sarcasm. If you actually think girls are more likely to go for a guy who's bike doesn't have brakes, you're out to lunch. Girls don't care whether or not your bike has brakes.

Also, brakes do not make you slower. If anything they make you faster. My brake is there as an emergency brake. It has therefore given me the confidence to ride faster and more confidently.

And finally, I don't think that a brake makes you looks stupid at all. It makes you look sensible and smart.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 12:11 Quote
Haha yeah i was joking

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 13:26 Quote
p45tom wrote:

Straight up.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 at 13:30 Quote
good idea for a thread, but those flat pedal dudes wont want to listen

i'm going brakeless on my next bike, but i will do it properly

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 9:52 Quote
what do you use at night then? Razz

Posted: Nov 20, 2011 at 9:08 Quote
did a pretty long ride today. there is no way i could be bothered to skid or resist to slow down by the end of it. Brake is good.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010063
Mobile Version of Website