Commencal supreme dh cracks.....

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Commencal supreme dh cracks.....
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 12:37 Quote
Just bought a 2009 supreme dh. anyone got details on where to keep an eye out for cracks or pictures?

FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 1:19 Quote
rhy-s wrote:
Just bought a 2009 supreme dh. anyone got details on where to keep an eye out for cracks or pictures?

Headtube as in any bike. Under the bearings - it happened to my friend he had a crack around there but it was a mfg defect and he had it since new. Warrantied fast.

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 3:09 Quote
not so bad then....you know what its like when you buy something then see all these bad reports on forums

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 3:12 Quote
My commencal cracked under the head tube along the down tube/head tube weld , it also cracked on the the leading edges of the gussets/transfer plates on both the top and down tube , this was all through hard riding not once did I prang it into a tree or cartwheel it down any banks.
They are pretty prone to cracking around the hole that the shock passes through and also the rear triangles are very prone to cracking on the inside edges of where the tubing bends or meets the drop outs.

Sorry to be so negative but I feel the need to pass on my experiences .

http://www.commencalownersclub.com/ for more info

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 3:39 Quote
no worries. cheers fella was just wondering where to keep an eye on so that kinda answer was what i was after

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008400
Mobile Version of Website