Ironhorse Sunday Problem!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Ironhorse Sunday Problem!
Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 11:34 Quote
Hey man, good work! How do you like the vivid on your Sunday? I just ordered a vivid air low tune for my Mine.

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 18:46 Quote
jacob90 wrote:
Hey man, good work! How do you like the vivid on your Sunday? I just ordered a vivid air low tune for my Mine.

The Vivid Air on my Sunday is awesome! It makes the bikes ride amazingly! The DW-Link and air shock really brings out the best of the bike since it gives you such a great pedal platform. I hardly get any pedal bob and i have my sag set at 30% which really allows the bike to make full use of its suspension design. I use a medium/high tune compared to the recommended medium or low tunes because I knew that I wanted a bit of a harder ending compression since I use my bike to race DH. This allows me to have more control at high speeds and to have more travel left over for bigger, harder hits ahead. I got the Vivid Air set up to match my Boxxer WC which makes the Sunday a killer to ride. It absorbes everything in its path but at the same time still making it very playful and flickable! In the end I am very happy with the bike and having the only Sunday in the world with a Vivid Air is pretty sweet Smile

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 18:51 Quote
beeboo wrote:
jacob90 wrote:

The Vivid Air on my Sunday is awesome! It makes the bikes ride amazingly! The DW-Link and air shock really brings out the best of the bike since it gives you such a great pedal platform. I hardly get any pedal bob and i have my sag set at 30% which really allows the bike to make full use of its suspension design. I use a medium/high tune compared to the recommended medium or low tunes because I knew that I wanted a bit of a harder ending compression since I use my bike to race DH. This allows me to have more control at high speeds and to have more travel left over for bigger, harder hits ahead. I got the Vivid Air set up to match my Boxxer WC which makes the Sunday a killer to ride. It absorbes everything in its path but at the same time still making it very playful and flickable! In the end I am very happy with the bike and having the only Sunday in the world with a Vivid Air is pretty sweet Smile

u failed to mention the hours of work it took to make it fit...LOL on the other hand, hope your feeling better

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 17:31 Quote
Thanks for letting me know! I have a Boxxer WC as well so I'm stoked to see how it rides. I have a dremel so I think it shouldn't be too difficult.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 18:43 Quote
jacob90 wrote:
Thanks for letting me know! I have a Boxxer WC as well so I'm stoked to see how it rides. I have a dremel so I think it shouldn't be too difficult.

Patience, lots of patience....dont rush it...best of luck.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 18:51 Quote
oldschoolj wrote:
jacob90 wrote:

Patience, lots of patience....dont rush it...best of luck.

Good luck with it. Make sure to post pics once your done it Smile

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 8:41 Quote
new vivid air r2c
Oh man it feels so bottomless!

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 8:52 Quote
jacob90 wrote:
new vivid air r2c
Oh man it feels so bottomless!

Thats awesome dude! The bike looks good. Did you have much trouble filing down the inside of the cnc seat area to get the air can to fit?

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 9:04 Quote
Not really, I found that a hand file worked way better because i was able to get everything even. I took out the air and bottomed it and the air valve just barely scratched the paint on the downtube so I'm going to take a little off that before i go out and ride just to be safe.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 19:15 Quote
jacob90 wrote:
Not really, I found that a hand file worked way better because i was able to get everything even. I took out the air and bottomed it and the air valve just barely scratched the paint on the downtube so I'm going to take a little off that before i go out and ride just to be safe.

NIce work!! I finished up with a flat file too, it smoothed it out really good. Have a great time, and I am not an air shock guy, but the WC boxxer air and rear Vivid, its soooo smooth and quiet. Enjoy

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
Not a question about the vivid air, but i have the 05 lower link and my 5th element has given up the ghost. Does anyone know if the vivid coil fits with the old lower link?

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 4:04 Quote
Cant say 100% on the new Vivivd but probably not. Still its just a matter of removing the small brace, or trying to find a one of the new links from someone.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 4:47 Quote
yeah i've found this on other sundays but im sure with a bit of filing i can make the clearance, thanks

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 15:13 Quote
From what I remember whem I had upgrade to the then new Vivid link there was just a minute difference in the milling to clear something. So the new gen Vivid might fit since it has a new bridge and dials. Or it might not.

If you havent already bought the Vivid I would suggest finding a RC4, they fit the linkage much better and with some work it definietly fits.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016560
Mobile Version of Website