Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
NoSkidMarks wrote:
Finally have my own Taniwha. Not sure if it s because I ve barely ridden in two years while doing the parenting thing but this thing is fricken awesome and stoked to be selling them. I now get why the customers rant on about how happy they are. Just need to get some fitness back. Rear end felt awesome. Was worried I d made the wrong choice getting the Cane Creek shock over the Fox but it rides so smooth. Let down by my budget second hand Pikes that really felt aweful compared to the back but will give them a lube and prayer. Thought I had some skills still when I could flick the rear out in the air with ease wasn t till my mate who took it for a couple of hour ride mentioned he really noticed how light the rear felt no cassette and mech that the penny dropped. A bad craftsman should always blame his tools. Frame - Zerode Taniwha 160mm travel Rear shock - Cane Creek DB air. Front shock fork - RS Pike 160mm travel Handlebars - Reverse Components Stem - Drom 35mm Headset - Cane Creek Grips - ESI foamies Saddle - Reverse Components Seatpost - KS Bike Yoke coming . Front brake - Formula R1racing levers with The One calipers Rear brake - as above. Cranks - Pinion Chainguide - Pinion bash plate and Tensioner. Chain - KMC Pedals - Fifty-Fifty Front derailleur - bahaaha Rear derailleur - he he he Gearbox by Pinion. 9speed. Front shifter - zip Rear shifter - Pinion Cassette - Pinion sprocket. Front hub - Tune Rear hub - Industry 9 Front rim - Carbonal Carbon 35mm Rear rim - as above Spokes - Sapim I think. Nipples - mix of ally and ti ones I had. Tyres - crap slippery sucker shwalble whatever rear and Maxxis Ardent race front will slap a Minion on front and keep burning through my stash of used rears collected from customers in bike shop wanting new tyres cause they got a puncture. Freegan life. Tubes - less Total weight - guessing 14ish. Will get it on scales one day. Feels light but

Drool

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
Custom 29" Marino

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
NoSkidMarks wrote:
Finally have my own Taniwha. Not sure if it s because I ve barely ridden in two years while doing the parenting thing but this thing is fricken awesome and stoked to be selling them. I now get why the customers rant on about how happy they are. Just need to get some fitness back. Rear end felt awesome. Was worried I d made the wrong choice getting the Cane Creek shock over the Fox but it rides so smooth. Let down by my budget second hand Pikes that really felt aweful compared to the back but will give them a lube and prayer. Thought I had some skills still when I could flick the rear out in the air with ease wasn t till my mate who took it for a couple of hour ride mentioned he really noticed how light the rear felt no cassette and mech that the penny dropped. A bad craftsman should always blame his tools. Frame - Zerode Taniwha 160mm travel Rear shock - Cane Creek DB air. Front shock fork - RS Pike 160mm travel Handlebars - Reverse Components Stem - Drom 35mm Headset - Cane Creek Grips - ESI foamies Saddle - Reverse Components Seatpost - KS Bike Yoke coming . Front brake - Formula R1racing levers with The One calipers Rear brake - as above. Cranks - Pinion Chainguide - Pinion bash plate and Tensioner. Chain - KMC Pedals - Fifty-Fifty Front derailleur - bahaaha Rear derailleur - he he he Gearbox by Pinion. 9speed. Front shifter - zip Rear shifter - Pinion Cassette - Pinion sprocket. Front hub - Tune Rear hub - Industry 9 Front rim - Carbonal Carbon 35mm Rear rim - as above Spokes - Sapim I think. Nipples - mix of ally and ti ones I had. Tyres - crap slippery sucker shwalble whatever rear and Maxxis Ardent race front will slap a Minion on front and keep burning through my stash of used rears collected from customers in bike shop wanting new tyres cause they got a puncture. Freegan life. Tubes - less Total weight - guessing 14ish. Will get it on scales one day. Feels light but
Only Carbon Bike I would buy.... Holy thats sick.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 10:54 Quote
I do love this bike, but isn't it basically the exact same as a Nomad 3? Obviously it has a gearbox and different drivetrain but im looking at my N3 next to me and then back at the picture and its almost identical

NotNamed wrote:
NoSkidMarks wrote:
Only Carbon Bike I would buy.... Holy thats sick.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 11:02 Quote
Well, except for that pivot in the seatstay and no link behind the BB.

I'm curious about the tyres. What's the story behind them?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

dont judge it just by the suspension layout, the gearbox changes everything. not having the weight over the rear end makes it ridiculously supple. ive never had so much traction and it still pedals good

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:

Yeah just a bit different + the weight of liw slung gearbox

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 20:52 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

dont judge it just by the suspension layout, the gearbox changes everything. not having the weight over the rear end makes it ridiculously supple. ive never had so much traction and it still pedals good

Hmmmm this is an interesting point I have never heard

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 21:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Hmmmm this is an interesting point I have never heard

Very interesting. Seems like the weight of the bike would be more balanced. Heavier at the BB makes sense for hard cornering.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 21:12 Quote
Think of it in dirtbime terms like ktm member and I are getting at here. Low slung weight centralised is much sweeter to ride for the suss to just work, well especially on off road motorcycles.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 23:14 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Think of it in dirtbime terms like ktm member and I are getting at here. Low slung weight centralised is much sweeter to ride for the suss to just work, well especially on off road motorcycles.

Exactly.

photo

My PP Oka weighs about 15kg with the frame bag full of water, snacks and tools. But there is no cassette, no derailleur and that rear wheel is pretty light. It's an absolute joy to hoon around on it.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 3:01 Quote
my zerode is about 34lbs, not what alot consider light but the bike it replaced was also aobut 34lbs and the zerode feels so much lighter when riding. Its really a bike you have to ride for yourself

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
my zerode is about 34lbs, not what alot consider light but the bike it replaced was also aobut 34lbs and the zerode feels so much lighter when riding. Its really a bike you have to ride for yourself

Having all of the weight from the cassette and derailleur, (sprung weight) removed from the rear and moved low and to the center bb area let’s the rear suspension function much better and low centered weight helps the bike handle better too. Win, win.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Exactly.

photo

My PP Oka weighs about 15kg with the frame bag full of water, snacks and tools. But there is no cassette, no derailleur and that rear wheel is pretty light. It's an absolute joy to hoon around on it.

Nice, frame bags for the win, my Nomad has been known to weigh 20kg loaded up, but carrying 5kg of gear is much more enjoyable on the bike vs a backpack.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.037382
Mobile Version of Website