Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
deanhempshall wrote:
Awesome bits of kit. I loved mine, it was stupid amounts of fun to ride.

photo

God damn that colour is amazing!

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
Rode 19 miles of xc with a few buddies...absolutely miserable. Idk how anyone enjoys xc riding and peddling soo damn much. Good cardio tho.

photo

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
That’s definitely not the bike for 19 miles of XC.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
fredro wrote:

Only bike I have. But it was horrible. Boring. Exhausting. Never again

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
deanhempshall wrote:
Awesome bits of kit. I loved mine, it was stupid amounts of fun to ride.

photo

God damn that colour is amazing!

Thanks, it was inspired by the Yeti turquoise.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 11:04 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:

Only bike I have. But it was horrible. Boring. Exhausting. Never again
God this is how I feel about XC. I don’t pedal for health, I pedal for adrenaline lol.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
If you're dead after 19 miles of pedaling, you should straightup be working on your cycling fitness. No beef, no put down, just that's not very long in context. Maybe grab a trainer. Pedaling your bike shouldn't be a chore.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 11:22 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If you're dead after 19 miles of pedaling, you should straightup be working on your cycling fitness. No beef, no put down, just that's not very long in context. Maybe grab a trainer. Pedaling your bike shouldn't be a chore.

Seconded, nothing is fun when you’re out of shape

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
Especially when the elevation was probably sub 500ft

#causeflorida

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Man, 19 miles may not be long on a flat gravel road, but it can be a full day on the trail, especially depending on elevation.
And I’d hesitate to tell someone who is MOUNTAIN BIKING 19 MILES to work on their fitness. In fact, I’d hesitate before offering that as unsolicited advice in general.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Yes better fitness for sure, but the big enduro rig isn’t helping either.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
I'd be embarrassed if 20 miles killed me on essentially any bike. I did XC racing a decade ago on a diamonback DHR. Was the only bike I had so it was hella fun just to be out. IIRC I came fifth in the series on that bike.

Trying not to get into the realm of shittalk here, cause that's not kosher, but seriously, 20 miles is hiking distance. If that's a full day to you on a bike, more power to you, but please don't use it as excuse to shittalk other riding styles.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
Eh, 19 miles of XC would ruin me too, but fortunately I've got a fun local XC route so at least I've had some kind of fun. There's just basically no opportunity for me to get out more often than I do so there's never chance to improve fitness.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Eh, 19 miles of XC would ruin me too, but fortunately I've got a fun local XC route so at least I've had some kind of fun. There's just basically no opportunity for me to get out more often than I do so there's never chance to improve fitness.

I guarantee 19 miles where you ride is not equivalent to where the crier rides. The only hills in Florida are made of trash, literally

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
The “crier” lol.

Be nice people.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042257
Mobile Version of Website