Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 20:10 Quote
My TransAm is nearing completion.

Still need to service fork, install brakes fully, gold chain and a few other bits.

Partially completed Transition TransAm

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
bartb wrote:

Still need to service fork, install brakes fully, gold chain and a few other bits.

Looks sweet! I miss my old Trans Am! Cry

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
bartb wrote:

Thanks!
I know this is an older frame and *gasp* a 26" wheel but I've read reviews, posts and threads and people have loved these.

I have a few things to iron out, ie. brakes, steer length, cable length but I can't wait to get on it.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
bartb wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
bartb wrote:

Thanks!
I know this is an older frame and *gasp* a 26" wheel but I've read reviews, posts and threads and people have loved these.

I have a few things to iron out, ie. brakes, steer length, cable length but I can't wait to get on it.

Enjoy it! I will certainly buy another old Trans Am frame if I ever see one up for grabs.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 12:46 Quote
I swapped out the 450# for a SLS 525#, as well as my other vaults to match.
36.1# as pictured.
photo

photo

photo

photo

Here's an older pic
Bluewater87 wrote:
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 13:38 Quote
That TR500 is a beautiful rig! I’m playing around with my 2014 Covert 29. Just completed an air can service on the monarch, add 2 more spacers to the can. Added a obnoxiously blue chromag spoon saddle and generally cleaned it up (but not my work area!). And finally gave a Maxxis aggressor a go, sweet tire for sure! Looking forward to riding tomorrow with another pb homie!
photo

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 2:03 Quote
Had the first blast on my freshly built Bottlerocket yesterday at Glentress. Mixing the old with the new. Despite the weight and geometry, with the 1x11 and relatively light build I actually kept up fine with everyone on newer AM bikes up the hills (although I was probably much more tired at the top) and had a massive grin on my face all the way down Beer Might lower the Lyrik to 150mm to make it a bit more manageable on the steep climbs which are a big part or Northumberland / Lakes / Borders riding.

The Bottlerocket is still an absolute blast event though it's looking old alongside most bikes on the hill now. Definitely had a few grins and comments about it!

First blast on the Bottlerocket at Glentress. Keeping it old school

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
Snow is here and my riding season is over. Is it worth all the work to do a full tear down and rebuild of all the pivots on my 2017 Patrol C? I have never done that with my other bikes but I love this one so much I want to make sure I take care of it as well as possible, but if it nots worth doing I don't want to bother.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 8:31 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Snow is here and my riding season is over. Is it worth all the work to do a full tear down and rebuild of all the pivots on my 2017 Patrol C? I have never done that with my other bikes but I love this one so much I want to make sure I take care of it as well as possible, but if it nots worth doing I don't want to bother.

Pull the rear shock and cycle the linkage... if you feel grit, grime, or any stickiness do it. I breathed new life into covert with new bearings and bolts...

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 14:46 Quote
EKrum wrote:

Do it. Show your bike some love, it's worth it.

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 9:17 Quote

Riding La Zubia in Spain where Not 2 Bad was filmed!

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

Riding La Zubia in Spain where Not 2 Bad was filmed!

That track is so much fun, so many lines!

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
My Scout now with a coil shock

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
mindmap3 wrote:
My Scout now with a coil shock

photo

How did you get a DHX RC4 in Scout dimensions???? I've always wanted to try a coil shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019213
Mobile Version of Website