Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 14:51 Quote
http://engineeringcalculator.net/RampCalc.html

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 1:06 Quote
When every decent sized rock happens to have a funnel web burrow under it, and there's no dirt to stack a landing with. God dammit, I need a flamethrower.

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
When every decent sized rock happens to have a funnel web burrow under it, and there's no dirt to stack a landing with. God dammit, I need a flamethrower.

Good old Australia where everything wants to kill you

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 13:04 Quote
When you unsuspectingly disturb a wasps nest and they chase you around stinging for a few hundred feet. Had to run in afterwards, grab my stuff and go. Was pretty bummed as I was anticipating getting a lot of work done and got attacked after 15 or so minutes of getting there. Big trick stepup just needed to be cleared off and stack the landing a lot and it'd be ready for winter. Now I'm scared to go back lol

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
Hey guys I have a jump building question. I'm building this jump and I'm having issues when I hit the jump my back tire destroys the lip and pushes my front end of my bike down is the jump take off to steep or not steep enough. Or I'm I mission g something the jump isn't big its maybe 2 feet tall and gaps a little more then a bike length to a natural landing that was there already.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
soulless wrote:
Hey guys I have a jump building question. I'm building this jump and I'm having issues when I hit the jump my back tire destroys the lip and pushes my front end of my bike down is the jump take off to steep or not steep enough. Or I'm I mission g something the jump isn't big its maybe 2 feet tall and gaps a little more then a bike length to a natural landing that was there already.
Pack the shit out of it, water it, let it dry completley.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 5:50 Quote
dwee wrote:
soulless wrote:

make sure the lip of the jump is big enough and packed in properly. just pack the back of the jump and lip real hard and wait for it to dry like he said. Also don't ride your jumps when they're wet and put covers on them.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
Give to the highest part of the kick a wide and flat surface

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 15:17 Quote
jaha222 wrote:
dwee wrote:
soulless wrote:

make sure the lip of the jump is big enough and packed in properly. just pack the back of the jump and lip real hard and wait for it to dry like he said. Also don't ride your jumps when they're wet and put covers on them.

Or use a small slab in the lip, buried a couple of inches deep. Just a 15" square one would do it.
Done it loads of times . Works great.

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 8:11 Quote
Can I ask if anyone would recommend buying gravel/soil cement for particularly wet off camber sections of trail? If so what type of gravel would you recommend purchasing?

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
I would keep riding it until a rut appears personally, it will get easier with time, either that or bench it out, but then the fun of the camber is gone.

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
Rutting in offcamber is so much fun. Grab a group of friends and rally it. So fun getting loose on rut tracks (when it actually rains)

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 15:35 Quote
Well I spent 2 days building jumps thru Down logs in front of them so they couldn't be ridden till they dryed went to work for 4 days it rained so this morning I went to check on them to pack them down more to find that someone had removed the logs and rode them till they where flat guessing by all the tire tracks then smashed what was left so I packed up my tools and said f*ck it gunna go build where no one can find it just for me

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 2:33 Quote
soulless wrote:
Well I spent 2 days building jumps thru Down logs in front of them so they couldn't be ridden till they dryed went to work for 4 days it rained so this morning I went to check on them to pack them down more to find that someone had removed the logs and rode them till they where flat guessing by all the tire tracks then smashed what was left so I packed up my tools and said f*ck it gunna go build where no one can find it just for me
Have you tried communicating with the other trail users there? They may just think its kids doing it, or if it's an existing trail, they're pissed off that someone is editing their trail.
Some riders don't like change, especially if it's on a trail they made to start with.
Did you find the spot or were there already trails there?

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
soulless wrote:
Have you tried communicating with the other trail users there? They may just think its kids doing it, or if it's an existing trail, they're pissed off that someone is editing their trail.
Some riders don't like change, especially if it's on a trail they made to start with.
Did you find the spot or were there already trails there?
Try to leave an easy line accessible by everyone in order to bypass your buildings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014555
Mobile Version of Website