Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
jamesdexter wrote:
yo guys,
I'm picking up my buddy's old '13 gambler 10.
I am trying to figure out what spring rate I should run. I weigh about 235, and I run a 550 on my demo with lots of preload. I also have 2 springs, a 450 and the 550, both in 3.25 length. will those work?

Download the manual on Scott's website. It will tell you.

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 14:43 Quote
Just got a Gambler today. Can't wait to get out on it. Can anyone recommend a rear mud guard?
The new rig.

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
Heyyy so I have a 2013 gambler 20 and damn are these things sexy. Only one problem, I busted my rear axle riding, does anybody know of where I could get a replacement? I called Scott and they said I have to order it through a shop, however there are seriously 0 shops around me that carry Scott bikes anymore.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 15:21 Quote
Anyone know what the frame weight is for a 2014? Hard to find online.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 18:18 Quote
mrsnipes82 wrote:
Heyyy so I have a 2013 gambler 20 and damn are these things sexy. Only one problem, I busted my rear axle riding, does anybody know of where I could get a replacement? I called Scott and they said I have to order it through a shop, however there are seriously 0 shops around me that carry Scott bikes anymore.

REI is an online retailer. They carry Scott. Give them a call I'm sure they can ship one out to you.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 0:37 Quote
jonnyfingers wrote:
Just got a Gambler today. Can't wait to get out on it. Can anyone recommend a rear mud guard?
The new rig.

mucky nutz one worked fairly well on the back of my 2013 gambler.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 6:07 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
jonnyfingers wrote:
The new rig.

I've got a 2014 and the mucky nutz works fine on that as well, might want to put a bit of tape round the rear triangle where the velcro straps go, as they can mark the paint.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 6:30 Quote
edit- Miscommunication between myself and my friend who was building my bike for me last night. everything is all good just sent some pics. Cannot wait for him to bring that bad boy down to me in So. Utah this weekend Beer

photo

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 6:32 Quote
2014 Gamblers don't have different headset cups?

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 7:09 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
2014 Gamblers don't have different headset cups?

With the Gambler 10 you get 3 different cups
0,-1+1,-2+2

Think you can buy them from your dealer.

Posted: May 13, 2015 at 14:55 Quote
mucky nutz one worked fairly well on the back of my 2013 gambler.[/Quote]

I've got a 2014 and the mucky nutz works fine on that as well, might want to put a bit of tape round the rear triangle where the velcro straps go, as they can mark the paint.[/Quote]

Cheers I'll give that a try.

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 1:09 Quote
Anybody know or tried fitting a CCDB Air or Vivid Air to the old style gambler without problems? Looks like it could be tight and possibility the valve could catch on the frame...
photo

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 0:06 Quote
sandyparton wrote:
Hey guys im wondering if any of you have tryed or kow it 650b/27.5" wheels will fit on the 2013 scott gambler 10?

Cheers

Rode my 2013 gambler with 650b's last weekend. Rides great, no issues, but id play around with the headset cups a bit for different head angles. Usually ride with the stock geo, but after getting 650b lowers for the 40 and changing wheels, it feels a bit too slacked sometimes. Might just need some getting use to, but debating on steepening the head angle by a degree after a couple more rides.

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 23:26 Quote
jonnyfingers wrote:

I've got a 2014 and the mucky nutz works fine on that as well, might want to put a bit of tape round the rear triangle where the velcro straps go, as they can mark the paint.[/Quote]

Cheers I'll give that a try.[/Quote]

Unless your riding glencoe every day for the rest of your life you won't need them

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 9:06 Quote
First test ride on new (old) build. Head tube too tight was the scariest thing ha ha.
First test ride

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045686
Mobile Version of Website