Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Aug 9, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
Hi guys

Can you help?

I am currently running a stock 350 spring on my Medium - I'm 230lbs

Do I need something a little stronger???

Posted: Aug 9, 2015 at 14:36 Quote
laramee wrote:
Hi guys

Can you help?

I am currently running a stock 350 spring on my Medium - I'm 230lbs

Do I need something a little stronger???

How much sag are you getting ? do you feel over/under sprung ?

I'd guess most stock springs for a medium are not for people your weight though.

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
Just after a bit of advice on sizing I'm looking at a 2015 gambler in either M or L I'm 6ft 183cm tall with a 32inch leg I'm right in the middle of the size guide.
Just wounded what size you'd recommend
Cheers

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
I think you could go either way. I'd take both for a test ride though. I'm 5' 11" and I'm on medium. I love it. But definitely take a ride on both first.

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 8:49 Quote
jory666 wrote:
I think you could go either way. I'd take both for a test ride though. I'm 5' 11" and I'm on medium. I love it. But definitely take a ride on both first.
Yeah I'd like to but the problem is finding a shop with bot sizes available
Cheers

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
griz23 wrote:
jory666 wrote:
Yeah I'd like to but the problem is finding a shop with bot sizes available
Cheers
Right. I hear that. Well Fairclough is 6' and I believe he runs a large frame.

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
I just bought a gambler frame, and need to get shock hardware for it, does anyone know the size of both the top and bottom shock hardware? Thanks!

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
I just bought a gambler frame, and need to get shock hardware for it, does anyone know the size of both the top and bottom shock hardware? Thanks!

If you're trying to find hardware for the Gambler - you can purchase it from www.offsetbushings.com

We supply both offset and standard shock hardware. Just make a note of your frame / shock in the box provided and we do the rest!

For example, a 2014 model Gambler uses 22.2x8mm and 60x8mm hardware.

Hope that helps,

Jeron

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
Hi, maybe someone can say me whats the weight of gambler 2013 frame?

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 12:50 Quote
Hi Guys

I'm currently 230lbs and have a Gambler 2013 in a medium.

Size is fine but am I too heavy for a medium??!

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 22:40 Quote
If the size is correct then yes but you may want to look into beefing up the suspension a bit over stock spring weights though.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
photo

so I got it fixed. found a guy a who does a lot of broken bikes welding.... and he did it this way. Honestly, all those poeple talking shit, they wouldnt ride not even to a bar. I have spoken to a few welders and none of them said they would worry about breaking it again.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:09 Quote
It will.

All you have done there is make the headtube brittle by undoing the heat treatment.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 8:37 Quote
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2013 gambler and need to beef up the coils. It's a large and has the stock ones, which are a bit light for me at around 220lbs. I'm looking at either 400 or 450lb coil for the shock, and either green or yellow coil for the fork. I'm tempted to go heavier on both ends(as is recommended by fox & scott) but it seems like a lot of folks are running these on the plush side...?

I haven't ridden my bike yet, but rented the same bike a couple weeks ago, definitely felt a little undersprung.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
I'm 200lbs. I switched to a 400 coil. It's good but I think I'll be going to switch to the 450. It all depends on how aggressive you ride too. If you're bottoming out a lot then go heavier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014193
Mobile Version of Website