Absolutely stunning!

Cheers mate Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2023 at 20:21 Quote
Kona Humu Humu raw
Sand blasted

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 15:54 Quote
Figured this belongs here, thinking of chasing a raw set of cranks, headset spacers, bar, and stem along with grey grips and seat.

Transition Spire Alloy

Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 6:24 Quote
[Quote="oriphinz"]Figured this belongs here, thinking of chasing a raw set of cranks, headset spacers, bar, and stem along with grey grips and seat.

Nice Transition, RX7 too Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 21:55 Quote
What are people using to strip the paint? I'm trying Citristrip but it doesn't work as well as I would like.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 22:07 Quote
breakthebeta wrote:
What are people using to strip the paint? I'm trying Citristrip but it doesn't work as well as I would like.

I see you’re in Salt Lake, Armour Coatings in Taylorsville done 2 frames for me. It’s like $50 for them to do a chemical strip, and then you just clean it up with purple Scotch Brite pads. It’s so easy at that point. Well worth the Smash cost for them to do it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 8:07 Quote
The environmentally friendly strippers are useless. In Canada all the strippers available in stores have had one key component removed to make it less volatile because nanny state and therefore they don't work either. I was able to find aircraft stripper online and it works great. If the stripper doesn't contain methylene chloride it's useless.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 10:58 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
The environmentally friendly strippers are useless. In Canada all the strippers available in stores have had one key component removed to make it less volatile because nanny state and therefore they don't work either. I was able to find aircraft stripper online and it works great. If the stripper doesn't contain methylene chloride it's useless.

Unfortunately you're right.
Methylene chloride is what gets the work done.

Do not let it on your skin.
Do not breathe it in.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 12:55 Quote
Most powder coat shops have media blasting as well. You should expect to pay $50ish to have them cleaned up. Use acetone to clean the frame after to remove any contaminates.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 18:39 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
breakthebeta wrote:

I see you’re in Salt Lake, Armour Coatings in Taylorsville done 2 frames for me. It’s like $50 for them to do a chemical strip, and then you just clean it up with purple Scotch Brite pads. It’s so easy at that point. Well worth the Smash cost for them to do it.

Thanks! I was quoted $150 at another shop that sounds much more reasonable.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 21:28 Quote
oriphinz wrote:
Figured this belongs here, thinking of chasing a raw set of cranks, headset spacers, bar, and stem along with grey grips and seat.

Transition Spire Alloy
We definitely would like some more rx7 content ngl. If you got a yt channel, please drop it like it's hot

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 14:55 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:
oriphinz wrote:

Transition Spire Alloy
We definitely would like some more rx7 content ngl. If you got a yt channel, please drop it like it's hot

Lol! Looks like he's using the car for storage... just like I do mine.
photo

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 23:09 Quote
Dang we got some mint condition NA miata action. And some mint bikes as well.

Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 11:26 Quote
Turns out people who ride raw bikes have good taste. Who'da thunk

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 13:24 Quote
Nice NA!

Hah yeh the FD is in storage right now, I punted it into a wall at the racetrack and it needs some surgery, built a big chunk of it myself (engine, conversion to single turbo / vmount, wiring, standalone ecu, surge tank fueling etc). No youtube but there is a build thread - https://www.rx7club.com/build-threads-292/arie-re-amemiya-993-efr-track-car-build-1098496/page4/. Full RE Amemiya ADGT kit is ready for the rebuild.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016492
Mobile Version of Website