Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 15:18 Quote
daveduarte wrote:
look out for this out there!
NEW Cane creek double barrel with 500lbs Titanium spring Plastic wrapped frame Hope V2 brakes with 203 vented discs rockshox Domain forks 160mm u-turn ready for the alps
probably being riden by some chunk

I've edited that for you... you missed the C. Ridden by some chunk.

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 23:09 Quote
k-ron wrote:
daveduarte wrote:
NEW Cane creek double barrel with 500lbs Titanium spring Plastic wrapped frame Hope V2 brakes with 203 vented discs rockshox Domain forks 160mm u-turn ready for the alps

I've edited that for you... you missed the C. Ridden by come chunk.
Hahahaha class!

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 1:13 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
k-ron wrote:
daveduarte wrote:

Hahahaha class!

I was hoping you woundd do that hehe. I wrote it myself first Big Grin

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 1:13 Quote
daveduarte wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:
k-ron wrote:

Hahahaha class!

Why you here and not on your bike? Thought it was chicksands today?

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 1:17 Quote
k-ron wrote:
daveduarte wrote:
darrenpallatina wrote:

Hahahaha class!

Why you here and not on your bike? Thought it was chicksands today?

Christian is worried there might be water on the ground. I am going to clean and start packing bits for mega.

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 1:19 Quote
Lame! But funny... start packing? It's not the 13th yet...

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 1:25 Quote
Yep, the first step of packing, is finding where all my kit is. It's going to take ages

FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 13:48 Quote
Lads advice needed please... I can't make up my mind on bike selection.

I have a freeride bike (voltage) with 180mm travel front and rear or a my dh bike (v10) with 200mm travel.

As I've never rode in the alpes or done a gravity enduro event like this before, I'm really unsure of which to take with me.

My voltage I think is more suited to the mega but I feel it's a shame to go to the alpes and ride amazing dh trails without my v10

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 14:48 Quote
jor4s wrote:

I have a freeride bike (voltage) with 180mm travel front and rear or a my dh bike (v10) with 200mm travel.

As I've never rode in the alpes or done a gravity enduro event like this before, I'm really unsure of which to take with me.

My voltage I think is more suited to the mega but I feel it's a shame to go to the alpes and ride amazing dh trails without my v10

We're all in the same boat, DH or AM bike.
AM = better for mega, DH = better for everything else! We're doing Morzine, Chatel, Champery etc also so I'm taking my 951, Dave is taking his Five AM...

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 14:49 Quote
jor4s wrote:

same question we keep asking ourselves.

as you havnt been to the alp before, you wont know how shook up you'll get. to enjoy the time more, take the big bike, it will hide a few more mistakes when you're tired etc..
if you want to do better in the mega, the 180mm will have a slight advantage. both are pretty close, wouldn't worry about it

if you want to enjoy it more, take the v10, if you want to do a tiny bit better in the mega, the voltage MAY be better

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 23:40 Quote
Im in the same situation take my orange 223 or alpine 160, Im kinda leaning towards the 160 just because the main reason Im going is for the mega, will give me a excuse to return next year with the 223

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 1:33 Quote
jtruslove wrote:
Im in the same situation take my orange 223 or alpine 160, Im kinda leaning towards the 160 just because the main reason Im going is for the mega, will give me a excuse to return next year with the 223

I'm going scott gambler all the way. Boxers and air shock. It'll take more of a hammering. So less likely to get mechanical issues. I don't wanna spend most of my time repairing on the way down

Good luck to everyone tho. We may meet over there

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 3:23 Quote
darrenpallatina wrote:
jtruslove wrote:

I'm going scott gambler all the way. Boxers and air shock. It'll take more of a hammering. So less likely to get mechanical issues. I don't wanna spend most of my time repairing on the way down

Good luck to everyone tho. We may meet over there

That's not a bad idea i may rip a few bits off the 223 n beef the 160 up, face the best of both worlds

Not long to go now! Can't wait!! Best of luck to every1 riding

FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 1:14 Quote
I'm still really unsure which bike to take Confused

My v10 is loads lighter than my voltage but the voltage pedals a lot better on the flat stuff (how many flat sections are there?) Also I've been riding dh for over a year solid with no trail riding in-between, so I'm a little concerned about how much pedalling there will be?!

Are you guys wearing armour? neck brace (OTT)? what tyres/size/psi? spares??

Also if you are going on you dh bike are you donning a dropper post??

Flats or clips? I mainly ride clips all year round but swap to flats when it snow's or is to steep and technical.

Also where do you get your race number etc?? Does anything get sent to your home address as I have just moved home?

Any advice will greatly be appreciated from guy's that have competed before!

I was travelling there on my own as the lad I was going over with broke his shoulder practicing with me 6 weeks ago, but his bro is taking his place now. He mainly rides mx, and hasn't rode his spicy for about a year, I dont think he knows what hes got himself in for... then again neither do I !!!

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 2:03 Quote
jor4s wrote:
I'm still really unsure which bike to take Confused

My v10 is loads lighter than my voltage but the voltage pedals a lot better on the flat stuff (how many flat sections are there?) Also I've been riding dh for over a year solid with no trail riding in-between, so I'm a little concerned about how much pedalling there will be?!

Are you guys wearing armour? neck brace (OTT)? what tyres/size/psi? spares??

Also if you are going on you dh bike are you donning a dropper post??

Flats or clips? I mainly ride clips all year round but swap to flats when it snow's or is to steep and technical.

Also where do you get your race number etc?? Does anything get sent to your home address as I have just moved home?

Any advice will greatly be appreciated from guy's that have competed before!

I was travelling there on my own as the lad I was going over with broke his shoulder practicing with me 6 weeks ago, but his bro is taking his place now. He mainly rides mx, and hasn't rode his spicy for about a year, I dont think he knows what hes got himself in for... then again neither do I !!!

Hey up mate. I'm taking a scott gambler. Just putting the rear shock a bit stiffer for peddling sections. As for neck brace and armour, me and my mate were talking about it. With the distance, we think it'll be more of a pain that good. Youll swett like mad. So less gear is better. Hope this helps a bit. As for spares. Taking a spare set of tyres, chain, brake pads, front chain ring and inner tubes. I've heard it's expensive to buy parts there.. And we're taking beer from the other side out of a super market. As well as some food. Stock up on carbs. Potato, rice, pasta, bread, crisps, biscuits. We're guna need it.. As for tyres, running 2.4 rear and 2.35 front. Flat pedals defo, if ya crash, ya won't have time to think. If ya got a dropper pst, use it. I'm guna buy one this next week

Good luck, maybe see you there

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037591
Mobile Version of Website