Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
theminsta wrote:
It's really simple.

You want your anti-squat to be around 100% at parts of the travel you expect to be mashing your pedals.

You want your brake-squat to be low and just get used to it as it is far more superior to have active braking than "maintaining geometry while braking".

You want as little kickback from the pedals as possible as you use travel.

You want a mellow gradient on the force curve graph at the top of your travel so it works nicely with air shocks and a quadratic positive curve to give you better bottom out support while maintaining usability/predictability.

You want the leverage ratio curve to be going from high to low, generally, so you have a predictable and usable stroke through the entire travel.

Bikes that are completely linear or regressive(at any point) are inferior and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

So which company makes the best Enduro frame according to the graphs?

Depends on personal preference as I have yet to find the perfect frame. There are a few that come somewhat close to being graphically excellent (not perfect).

What wheel size and riding style?

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
27.5 aggressive riding style. Rough terrain. Steep, so I have to be on the brakes a lot.

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
27.5 aggressive riding style. Rough terrain. Steep, so I have to be on the brakes a lot.

Forgot to ask travel. But here's a short non-comprehensive list of companies that make enduro bikes that fit your riding style

Knolly
NS
Spesh
Transition
YT

I would go Patrol for ~150mm of travel or the Capra for ~170mm biking.

Geometry is not considered here, but they both have excellent geometry anyhow. Personal pref dependent on body proportions so I cannot recommend accurately.

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:00 Quote
Nicolai
Liteville

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:05 Quote
I remember being shocked at Liteville frames and how underwhelming they were (for the price especially).

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:08 Quote
What part underwhelmed you? Rode just fine.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:15 Quote
Okay thanks for the advice. I might have been unclear with my questions. Anyways, most of the bikes you listed now are Horst link design. So do you belive based on suspension curves that the listed bikes are better than let's say vpp or dw or split pivot?

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:16 Quote
On mobile but seems like I'm mistaken. Great frames but the negative brake squat values and initial regressivity for the first ~20% of the travel can be better. Force Curve is acceptable, just not optimal. Would ride but I think there are better performing options for the money.

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
Okay thanks for the advice. I might have been unclear with my questions. Anyways, most of the bikes you listed now are Horst link design. So do you belive based on suspension curves that the listed bikes are better than let's say vpp or dw or split pivot?

I like Horst bikes. With modern shocks bob is controlled but they are just so smooth and predictable.

f*ck the haters.

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
minsta, thoughts on Rocky Slayer, Norco Range, and Zerode Taniwha?

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:

Interested on what you have to say on the slayer, range...

Also how could I calculate the spring wright if I go coil on the sb66

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
its-chris wrote:
RollinFoSho wrote:

Interested on what you have to say on the slayer, range...

Also how could I calculate the spring wright if I go coil on the sb66

https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator
Try this

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
Thanks Deli, what suspension system should I choose?

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
if you want plush horst link/fsr is $$

i always tell my friends its like riding a couch down a river(in a good way)

Posted: Oct 1, 2017 at 21:09 Quote
My SX Trail was about the plushest bike I've ever ridden. Even compared to the Sunday WC.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055436
Mobile Version of Website