Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
dchill wrote:
Quick peek at the new rig
Losing the weight game but winning the travel game.
Temporary park/dh setup. Until I decide what dc fork to get. DHX2 8.75x2.75 for 185 rear travel Sun Ringle ADD Pro rear wheel, Stan’s Flow ex3 front. Have a matching ADD Pro for when I get a dc fork

For enduro/trail I have Roval Fattie SL wheels, 11-46xt cassette and a X2 in 8.5x2.5 for 170mm rear travel, DVO Diamond 170 fork

Please buy a MRP Bartlett and try it out.. EP is pretty generous but I can't pull the trigger on one until I get my Ruckus repair paid for. You could use your same wheels and everything.

That’s on the list. The Marzocchi 58 or a Dorado

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 20:58 Quote
dchill wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
dchill wrote:
Quick peek at the new rig
Losing the weight game but winning the travel game.
Temporary park/dh setup. Until I decide what dc fork to get. DHX2 8.75x2.75 for 185 rear travel Sun Ringle ADD Pro rear wheel, Stan’s Flow ex3 front. Have a matching ADD Pro for when I get a dc fork

For enduro/trail I have Roval Fattie SL wheels, 11-46xt cassette and a X2 in 8.5x2.5 for 170mm rear travel, DVO Diamond 170 fork

Please buy a MRP Bartlett and try it out.. EP is pretty generous but I can't pull the trigger on one until I get my Ruckus repair paid for. You could use your same wheels and everything.

That’s on the list. The Marzocchi 58 or a Dorado

Appealing thing for the MRP is being able to swap wheelsets with my hardtail/trail/downcountey/enduro/mountain bike wheels onto the Bartlett.

Just kinda handy to not have to build up another front for that specific park/DH use since I already have 2 29" wheelsets that are setup with DH rubber and then heavy trail tires+cushcore...

I searched and searched for a Dorado for a reasonable ammout and count find a decent used setup.. Plus parts to make them truly 29" happy were not forthcoming.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
Nobble wrote:
PHeller wrote:
So, back to MegNeg, who’s getting one?
strongly considering it.

Either doing that or getting a Jade or Bomber CR. Leaning towards the latter 2.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Nobble wrote:
PHeller wrote:
strongly considering it.

I went float x2 instead. No ragrets

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
PHeller wrote:

I was thinking about one for my Mega, but the coil is so nice out back atm so I don't think I will.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
nubbs wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Nobble wrote:
strongly considering it.

Am considering that too, but $90 instead of $600 is probably worth a try.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Nobble wrote:
nubbs wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

Am considering that too, but $90 instead of $600 is probably worth a try.

No doubt! I've installed one but have no idea how effective it is.

f*ck the X2 is lovely though. Just thrashed the megatowa down some loose stuff and she loved it.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
Re: MegNeg

Nobble wrote:
[ ... ] $90 instead of $600 is probably worth a try.

Exactly! A MegNeg and a high-volume positive chamber aren't far off the linear spring curve of a coil shock. Not to say linear is inherently better, but it's great to have the option if that's what you're looking for.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
Figure this is the spot to ask, what is a good weight for a carbon all-mountain/endurbro bike? just curious as to how mine compares.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
Depend how endurbro or weight weinie you are. 30-33lbs seems pretty average but if you spend some cash it is easy to get some below 30. Frame weights have actually come up for some manufacturers in the last year.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 1:32 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
Figure this is the spot to ask, what is a good weight for a carbon all-mountain/endurbro bike? just curious as to how mine compares.

My Stumpy Pro weighs almost exactly 30 lbs with X01 AXS, Deity Tmac pedals, 2.6" tires, Enve 35mm stem, and Syntace Vector riser bars. 150mm front, 140mm rear. Guide RS brakes with finned Swiss Stop pads, 203/180 f/r rotors.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 4:50 Quote
bike2850 wrote:

a med giant trance advance 27.5 is 30lbs stock depending what pedals.

My 27.5 ALU slash is 31lbs with pedals

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
Got a temp build Satori going. 27.8lbs. Think this is as light as a Satori is going to get.

Temp bike. 27.8lbs.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
bike2850 wrote:

One of a weight you can ride to the top, but not break on the way down. Mine range from 26lbs to 36lbs.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036610
Mobile Version of Website