Go Pro Hero 2

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 20:07 Quote
Anyone run this great cam from time to time?

Just got one myself, thinking it'd go best on the chest, to avoid a bumpy recording on the frame. Do you guys who have this cam use it with the fully enclosed waterproof case or the open case for better sound? I assume the closed case would not be that great for sound at all?

I know i can just find out myself, but its -3 and snowing. Maybe a snow ride is in order..Army

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 20:16 Quote
I just ordered one as well, pretty excited to get it. Think I'm gonna try the helmet mount and maybe try the handlebar mount on the seat post or something different like that

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 20:17 Quote
Highwaystreets wrote:
I just ordered one as well, pretty excited to get it. Think I'm gonna try the helmet mount and maybe try the handlebar mount on the seat post or something different like that

looking forward to comparing footage this summer..

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 10:58 Quote
which kit did you go with? I got the motorsports kit as it seemed to have the most useful mounts, mainly the suction mount will work well on my truck and my motorcycle.

I'm very excited to try it and see what works best, can't wait till spring!

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 12:08 Quote
I've got the outdoor edition. Not that it was a choice, my girlfriend picked it up for me as a gift.
Here are the differences from the website. It looks like I'll be using the straps the most, i like the idea of a chest mounted cam to pick up the bars and frame.

Motorsport package looks great too, i didn't even realize there were different packages until you mentioned it

Outdoor package:
1 Vented Helmet Strap
1 Head Strap
2 Curved Surface Adhesive Mounts
2 Flat Surface Adhesive Mounts
1 Three-Way Pivot Arm
Assorted Mounting Hardware

Motorsport:
1 Suction Cup Mount
1 J-Hook Buckle
2 Curved Surface Adhesive Mounts
3 Flat Surface Adhesive Mounts
1 Three-Way Pivot Arm
Assorted Mounting Hardware

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 12:34 Quote
yah i don't think you can really go wrong with either package. you can buy all the extra mounts separately anyways

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 13:30 Quote
Well, if you haven't seen the HD promo clips on youtube for the Hero2 yet, you need to. Pumped.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 13:34 Quote
Chest mount is a great shot, especially if you run the camera upside down direct to the mount. The bar mount is also good, especially ran facing backward. The roll bar mount on the toptube also gives a good shot.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
Yep i've been looking at all the clips and a bunch of videos and it does look great!

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 20:14 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
Chest mount is a great shot, especially if you run the camera upside down direct to the mount.

the-wylie-man has a very good point. If your using the chesty, put it upside down to get a good shot. Just remember to flip video in the camera settings. Although its not a big deal to flip the video orientation on your computer, its still a pain in the butt. I am also planning on using the vented helmet strap on my down tube to get a fork and shock angle shot. The LCD BAcpac, it adds little weight, but it makes it really easy to find the right angle on whatever mount you use. I'll get some shots once this snow melts in Nebraska.

Does anyone have any videos they want to share?

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 0:05 Quote
Javiero wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:
Chest mount is a great shot, especially if you run the camera upside down direct to the mount.

the-wylie-man has a very good point. If your using the chesty, put it upside down to get a good shot. Just remember to flip video in the camera settings. Although its not a big deal to flip the video orientation on your computer, its still a pain in the butt. I am also planning on using the vented helmet strap on my down tube to get a fork and shock angle shot. The LCD BAcpac, it adds little weight, but it makes it really easy to find the right angle on whatever mount you use. I'll get some shots once this snow melts in Nebraska.

I tried the vented strap but found that it rolls too easily so you end up with a shaky shot. The roll bar mount is ideal for this but its costly for what it is. Ive got a couple of vids on my profile, one of the upside down chest and one on the reverse of the seatpost

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 10:12 Quote
I wondered about that strap. Thanks for the heads up. I will probably invest in the roll bar mount then.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 10:18 Quote
Javiero wrote:
the-wylie-man wrote:

+1 on putting the GoPro upside down on chest mount. And make sure you have it tight so it doesn't swivel down while you are riding over chunky stuff. Had that happen several times.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 19:17 Quote
https://vimeo.com/23746557

Here is a quick edit of a few of us riding on some sweet singletrack. The handlebar mount is the best $20 you can spend on mounts. The head mount elimintates the most vibration, your head stays suprisingly still

The following shot mounted under the saddle is pretty sweet too. super fun cameras to play with

apologies for the lack of HD, not sure why it's not. I have a few other Gopro vids on my vimeo page as well.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 20:23 Quote
here is a question.... what video editing software is everyone using? I think i'll be using iMovie as it seems to have everything i need, plus its free

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013011
Mobile Version of Website