The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 0:48 Quote
Happy 2024 to any crypt keepers still on this mf

I miss yall

Had a nostalgia trip and played all the old animal dvds (cuts, can i eat, dqydj, qss)

Is it just me or has animal (along with everything else) just gone insane with prices?

150$ usd for a pair of pants. Idk man my 25yo bill payin ass cant fathom it the way my 16yo self could

Posted: Jan 14, 2024 at 4:48 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:

I miss yall

Had a nostalgia trip and played all the old animal dvds (cuts, can i eat, dqydj, qss)

Is it just me or has animal (along with everything else) just gone insane with prices?

150$ usd for a pair of pants. Idk man my 25yo bill payin ass cant fathom it the way my 16yo self could
After being out of the scene for a bit man it’s crazy how expensive everything has gotten, I remember when it used to be 250/260 for a frame and now they’re about 330 at the minimum, that’s for a Taiwanese frame too I’d hate to imagine how much the made in USA frames are up to now lol!

I’m slowly getting that way with MTB myself, prices have shot up industry wide for the last 5/6 years and now shitloads of companies are going bust, it’s almost as if people realised they don’t need a new bike at 5/6K every single year, or that their bike from 2/3 years ago is still absolutely fine. I’ve got a 2019 full sus there and the geometry is still bang up to date, it still rides well and looks good, so I’ve got 0 intentions of selling it for something else. Not when I could just strip the thing, give it a fresh coat of paint and new bearings throughout and it’ll look brand new.

Posted: Jan 20, 2024 at 23:46 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:

I miss yall

Everything just gone up, like my atf frame was a $375 frame or something many years back when I got it but now atf are $520, just insane to me haha. I’m 30 years old now and been riding bmx since I was 7, my cielencki pedals are considered mid school bmx now and I’m like whatttt they aren’t that old hahaha.

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 14:47 Quote
Its honestly sad af to see them price kids out of the sport.

bamf im glad im not the only one completely confused when people say anything that came out in my “prime” riding years is old tech lol
Hows the drift scene been treatin ya lately?

And kieran i completely agree on the mtb scene take. The big spenders will always be there but it does seem like theyve hit a wall with technology in the last few years. Where as the updates dont seem as drastic as they once were (or im just not as easily swayed as i grow older)

Another random input its crazy to see how far some people in the pro/am scene have come. Adam Lz a professional driver? Absolutely wicked (as an outsider)
Adam16 having one of - if not the- biggest HIPHOP/GANG CULTURE platform on the internet.

Crazy times both good and bad

Posted: Jan 31, 2024 at 8:18 Quote
haven't ridden in years but it's kinda crazy to see the og's still floating round here. was actually considering building up a bike to make some new homies - I've just moved to nyc

you used to be able to build a custom bike for like £900, all brand new parts and custom wheels. it's gonna cost me near $1500 with pre-built wheels and a brake. crazy. jump bike prices. everything's gone kinda crazy expensive. i think the surge in covid, while it kept the industry running for 1/2 years, a lot of that market is now gone because people don't really care for it and it was just a covid hobby.

i f*cking hated riding by the end, i had a small group of people who were chill but every time i went out it was like people were trying to one up each other, it was annoying as f*ck. which was a shame, because I was definitely at the peak of my ability when i quit hahahha.

LZ is a bit of a goof as he always has been, but he's killing it. feel like in the space of 5 years he's skyrocketed and it's so sick. Adam22 is a f*ckin kook still. Augie is now like the most artistic photographer dude, don't know how much he rides any more since he left fit. bought his photo book the other week, nice dude.

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 15:52 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
haven't ridden in years but it's kinda crazy to see the og's still floating round here. was actually considering building up a bike to make some new homies - I've just moved to nyc

you used to be able to build a custom bike for like £900, all brand new parts and custom wheels. it's gonna cost me near $1500 with pre-built wheels and a brake. crazy. jump bike prices. everything's gone kinda crazy expensive. i think the surge in covid, while it kept the industry running for 1/2 years, a lot of that market is now gone because people don't really care for it and it was just a covid hobby.

i f*cking hated riding by the end, i had a small group of people who were chill but every time i went out it was like people were trying to one up each other, it was annoying as f*ck. which was a shame, because I was definitely at the peak of my ability when i quit hahahha.

LZ is a bit of a goof as he always has been, but he's killing it. feel like in the space of 5 years he's skyrocketed and it's so sick. Adam22 is a f*ckin kook still. Augie is now like the most artistic photographer dude, don't know how much he rides any more since he left fit. bought his photo book the other week, nice dude.
I feel this. Like I've had some nice builds and some cheap builds but like to even get close to like comparable builds it's way more expensive now. Also doesn't help when you got some brands pricing full on catalog parts like they're in house custom parts.

Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 12:37 Quote
Once you start working, it's hard to justify hurting yourself when you're almost 30 years old riding BMX still lol. I go for cruises every once in a while, but I'll never sell my bike because I'll never get what it's worth, and it's worth to much to me.

My personal favorite BMX DVD was a Skavenger one, I can't remember what one but it had eazy-e on the front, just about as hooligan as it could get. Also bomb down broadway was a really cool thing.

Hood Antics on Vimeo are always a fun watch too.

I find hardly anyone actually goes hard doing tricks any more, scooters kinda took over.

Sad, but that's what happens when the soy levels are rising at such an alarming rate in the tiktok age.

Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 12:49 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
I find hardly anyone actually goes hard doing tricks any more, scooters kinda took over.

Sad, but that's what happens when the soy levels are rising at such an alarming rate in the tiktok age.

This is so fucking ignorant that I don't even know where to start.

Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 16:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:

Start by rolling your eyes. At least, that's what I do when people are aggressively stupid.

Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 8:54 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:

>doesnt go hard because hes 30+ with a job
>complains no one goes hard anymore
>blames scooters and social media
>uses soy as an insult and not a fairly decent dairy substitute

Get josh in here to swing his mighty hammer plz /nosarcasm

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 14:50 Quote
People still go hard. It's just hard to be a BMX rider, not be an influencer, and to have health insurance good enough to reduce the risk of riding. I sure as shit wouldn't throw myself down 20 stairs knowing I could get bankrupt from it. I don't think the industry has the money for it any more, I swear BMX makes up less than 1% of the cycling market's value.

I've been considering it too but I feel like riding at 75% of my capability so I don't get injured is just gonna suck balls.

Posted: Feb 16, 2024 at 1:27 Quote
Someone here said it quite well and I quote:

"With TCU Bmx marketed itself as a fad and it became that"

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 0:33 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Its honestly sad af to see them price kids out of the sport.

bamf im glad im not the only one completely confused when people say anything that came out in my “prime” riding years is old tech lol
Hows the drift scene been treatin ya lately?

And kieran i completely agree on the mtb scene take. The big spenders will always be there but it does seem like theyve hit a wall with technology in the last few years. Where as the updates dont seem as drastic as they once were (or im just not as easily swayed as i grow older)

Another random input its crazy to see how far some people in the pro/am scene have come. Adam Lz a professional driver? Absolutely wicked (as an outsider)
Adam16 having one of - if not the- biggest HIPHOP/GANG CULTURE platform on the internet.

Crazy times both good and bad

Drifting been good I haven’t driven in years cause I totaled my shit into a wall 2 years ago but just finished building it back, my s13 is looking f*ckin killer, it’s been too long and I don’t remember how to post pics on pinkbike anymore but if you go on my insta my names beerdestroyr and you can see it haha.

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 17:36 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:

Opinion: a thought or belief about something or someone:

What's your opinion about/on the matter?
People tend to have strong opinions on capital punishment.
He didn't express/give an opinion on the matter.
Who, in your opinion, (= who do you think) is the best soccer player in the world today?
He's very much of the opinion that alternative medicine is a waste of time.

see; https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/opinion

edit: BONUS: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/facetious

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 20:01 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:

Opinion: a thought or belief about something or someone:

What's your opinion about/on the matter?
People tend to have strong opinions on capital punishment.
He didn't express/give an opinion on the matter.
Who, in your opinion, (= who do you think) is the best soccer player in the world today?
He's very much of the opinion that alternative medicine is a waste of time.

see; https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/opinion

edit: BONUS: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/facetious

So, were you trolling (facetious), or was that your actual opinion? You can't have it both ways.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022045
Mobile Version of Website