The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Sep 11, 2012 at 19:59 Quote
the first time i tried i just grabbed his tow-hook and couldn't get leverage. so as he was backing up i whipped off my belt haha

Posted: Sep 11, 2012 at 21:50 Quote
gotta run my rear wheel all the way in the back of the drop out cause my wheel hops too much and the tires are huge #street

also, lost 2 spokes today. #streetasf*ck

#sarcasm

#yolo

#ihatehashtags

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 0:10 Quote
Mtb radar building guide is goos.

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 0:36 Quote
Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

I'm looking to get into street/park bmx and was wondering what strong, good quality, lightweight and reasonably priced forks and cranks you guys would recommend?

I am new to bmx's and shit so wont be doing anything too crazy.

Probably going to be riding more street than park though.

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 0:40 Quote
DK Socials are sick as f*ck and pretty damn strong And WTP Patron 25's are light, cheap and pretty strong too.

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 4:29 Quote
PNWFreedom wrote:
gotta run my rear wheel all the way in the back of the drop out cause my wheel hops too much and the tires are huge #street

also, lost 2 spokes today. #streetasf*ck

#sarcasm

#yolo

#ihatehashtags

#callmedaddy #ilovecoffee #MOUNTAINSGETMEHYPE

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 5:21 Quote
KonaKing22 wrote:

I'm looking to get into street/park bmx and was wondering what strong, good quality, lightweight and reasonably priced forks and cranks you guys would recommend?

might be a good idea to find any used after market fork and cranks, then once you get a feel for what you like and your stuff gets run down then upgrade. forks and cranks aren't exactly parts with super touchy differences, i've run lefty profiles on the right hand side all my life and i don't plan on getting new ones untill they break haha

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 6:20 Quote
KonaKing22 wrote:

I'd just say that most aftermarket stuff from reputable companies is fine for noobs. The difference is going to be in the fork offset. If you're new, I'd go for a standard 32ish mm to start. Shorter fork trails are trendy but can feel twitchy if you're not used to them.

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 10:07 Quote
Sweet, only problem there is the DK's only run a specific BB and the total cost then makes them a bit pricey for me. However the wtp patrons look prety solid. Can you tell me what the difference between the 25's and 35's are? Accept from the price Wink

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 10:18 Quote
Yeah, I was thinking about poking around for some decent second hand stuff, just didn't really know where to set the benchmark. Although, I would like the bmx to look nice and shiny and new once I'm done Smile

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 10:46 Quote
KonaKing22 wrote:
Sweet, only problem there is the DK's only run a specific BB and the total cost then makes them a bit pricey for me. However the wtp patrons look prety solid. Can you tell me what the difference between the 25's and 35's are? Accept from the price Wink
35 is a more conventional length dropout, its pretty stable but you cant snap into spins quite as hard and barspins tend to feel different, 25 are short and responsive, easier to get to the balance point for footjams and nose manuals but you can go OTB easier and for spins they tend to feel better as where 35 feel better at really high speeds normally at the trails

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 10:50 Quote
KonaKing22 wrote:
Since when? I've run mine on multiple frames and a different spindle too and not had any problems. I'm 100% sure they use a standard 19mm BB.

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 11:20 Quote
The BB is going to be either Mid or Spanish on a DK, just like everything else. Unless you're talking about a race bike??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018541
Mobile Version of Website