Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 2:52 Quote
You read all of it? RIP IQ.

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
Should I buy a 03 norco vp Aline $450 Canadian or a 07 norco atomik for $600 Canadian ? My first dh bike

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 10:27 Quote
Evanirvine199 wrote:
To buy a 03 norco vp Aline $450 Canadian or a 07 norco atomik for $600 Canadian
is that a question or a statement??

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 10:50 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
petro244 wrote:
Hey guys does anyone use their downhill bike on regular trails and riding to the store around the corner or anything like that? I've never owned a downhill I'm wondering if they are straight up uncomfortable to sit down and pedal for a mile or 2.

Thanks

Not too bad at all. I'd be more worried about leaving it outside the store while you go in, even with a lock. I've heard horror stories
I got a devinci wilson really light, I can ride some trails around Munich with it, it's not too bad at all

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 11:30 Quote
Evanirvine199 wrote:

For downhill riding yes

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 12:50 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Evanirvine199 wrote:
is that a question or a statement??

Oops sorry yeah it's a question I forgot to put a question mark I'm looking at getting my first dh bike and I like these two

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 19:51 Quote
Best all around tire setup for east coast DH racing? Super varied conditions from deep dust to axle deep mud. And super rocky and rooty. Thinking dhr2 rear, and shorty front, but hearing mixed opinions about the shorty on non shitty conditions. Open to any suggestions, but looking for something longer lasting than magic maries

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 20:02 Quote
Minion Dhf / Dhr2

Trim cables rookie!

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 4:24 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
You read all of it? RIP IQ.
My god I did :-D First two pages fun, then I lost all my hair over next three pages and that bawbag ended up not buying any bike lol. Wanna kill him if I meet him for all the time people lost advicing him to buy HT. "I want a DH bike for ridez round city coz they are sexey aha" just lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 15:39 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Best all around tire setup for east coast DH racing? Super varied conditions from deep dust to axle deep mud. And super rocky and rooty. Thinking dhr2 rear, and shorty front, but hearing mixed opinions about the shorty on non shitty conditions. Open to any suggestions, but looking for something longer lasting than magic maries

Magic Mary's in a harder compound? I don't think you will find a better all round tyre. Vertstar front and trail star rear is a pretty even wearing combo

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 13:30 Quote
Thoughts about the shimano sh-am7 gravity shoes? Im thinking on the flat version, not the clipless one

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 14:01 Quote
For how long can you guys wheelie?

I the learning process atm. Again Big Grin . On a good try I'm able to go like 30meters sometimes further. However, I still feel like I don't have it down and it is pretty frustrating from time to time. Share your learning experience please.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 14:41 Quote
Hey guys/girls,

I've got a couple of questions...

First of all, does anyone know the weight of a 2016/2017 Specialized Demo I? Just to clarify - full bike and not the S-Works. Also interested in the weight of the alloy one (full bike) if anyone has it. I know custom builds can vary in weight, but I'm referring to standard spec.

Also, I essentially have a choice between getting a 2016 Specialized Demo I, or a 2016 Norco Aurum C7.3. I would leave the demo spec as standard, but I would have money to spend on upgrading the Aurum, such as the shock to a Fox Float X2.

Which of those two bikes would you recommend and why?

Thanks,
Kieran

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 15:01 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
For how long can you guys wheelie?

I the learning process atm. Again Big Grin . On a good try I'm able to go like 30meters sometimes further. However, I still feel like I don't have it down and it is pretty frustrating from time to time. Share your learning experience please.
I can manual my bmx a few hundred yards or as long since can maintain speed

I can cat walk about 7 feet

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
TinyTim10 wrote:
Hey guys/girls,

I've got a couple of questions...

First of all, does anyone know the weight of a 2016/2017 Specialized Demo I? Just to clarify - full bike and not the S-Works. Also interested in the weight of the alloy one (full bike) if anyone has it. I know custom builds can vary in weight, but I'm referring to standard spec.

Also, I essentially have a choice between getting a 2016 Specialized Demo I, or a 2016 Norco Aurum C7.3. I would leave the demo spec as standard, but I would have money to spend on upgrading the Aurum, such as the shock to a Fox Float X2.

Which of those two bikes would you recommend and why?

Thanks,
Kieran

Should also probably mention that I could get the alloy demo for the same price as the Aurum, so that's also an option. Another thing (not that this makes much difference) but here in the UK, Demo's are so common - every man and his dog has one. Aurums on the other hand... not quite so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019704
Mobile Version of Website