Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 7:08 Quote
el-booto wrote:
relscb wrote:
Good colour scheme option for a green frame?

Chrome!
Maybe the platnium collection from deity.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 9:53 Quote
Hey ya'll this might be a dumb question, but how do I post/send a crash clip to the Pinkbike moderators? It's a pretty good one, and I think it could to well in Fails of the Month.
But how should I go about posting it?
Thanks for the help! Be sure to look for my clip if it makes the final cut this month!

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Hank-Riffee wrote:
Hey ya'll this might be a dumb question, but how do I post/send a crash clip to the Pinkbike moderators? It's a pretty good one, and I think it could to well in Fails of the Month.
But how should I go about posting it?
Thanks for the help! Be sure to look for my clip if it makes the final cut this month!

Upload the video to your profile, then create a "Blog" containing said video and once you've made a blog, the option is there to submit the blog to the "mods" At least that's how a video of mine made it to the homepage. Just label it as a fail of the month submission.

Go to the last months fail of the month, does it not say at the bottom how to submit clips?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 12:07 Quote
@kmayHD It says to inbox EVOC. Should I do that through pinkbike?

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
Hank-Riffee wrote:
@kmayHD It says to inbox EVOC. Should I do that through pinkbike?

No idea on that one...if you can find there account then yea try that.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 13:37 Quote
*their. Sorry, I just can't help it once in a while!

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
yeah inbox them they'll give the appropriate instructions Smile

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 23:52 Quote
Hi guys.

What do you think is the best setup for steep rockgardens and slower steep technical parts with tight turns, rocks, roots, steps etc? Would a stiffer setup help? Should the rebound be faster or slower?

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 4:15 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
Hi guys.

What do you think is the best setup for steep rockgardens and slower steep technical parts with tight turns, rocks, roots, steps etc? Would a stiffer setup help? Should the rebound be faster or slower?
stiffer suspension and slower rebound will track the ground better, and feel more composed and planted.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 4:28 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:
Hi guys.

stiffer suspension and slower rebound will track the ground better, and feel more composed and planted.

Stiffer equals tracks better? Since when?
Slower rebound yes, stiffer no.
More compression damping yes, stiffer spring no.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 5:14 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:
Hi guys.

Stiffer equals tracks better? Since when?
Slower rebound yes, stiffer no.
More compression damping yes, stiffer spring no.
if you slow down rebound with an already soft spring, it will ride way lower in its travel and bottom out, because the shock doesn't have time to extent, so it packs up. So if your significantly slowing down rebound, slighttly stiffer is good. And keeps around the same ride height

Also, when bombing fast through chunk, stiffer shock allows you to skip over the rocks easier without getting sucked in

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 5:21 Quote
Thank you for the feedback guys. I am actually in a dilemma because softer and faster gives me a more supple ride but stiffer and slower maintains the bike geometry and gives me better control I think. The problem is that we have mixed trails with a little bit of everything so I am trying to find the middle solution between the above options.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 5:22 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
Thank you for the feedback guys. I am actually in a dilemma because softer and faster gives me a more supple ride but stiffer and slower maintains the bike geometry and gives me better control I think. The problem is that we have mixed trails with a little bit of everything so I am trying to find the middle solution between the above options.

Lsc and hsc adjustments are all you need to be playing with realistically

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 5:49 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
gpgalanis wrote:

Lsc and hsc adjustments are all you need to be playing with realistically
that's not true at all. Realistically, the average rider won't feel the difference in a few clicks of hs/ls. And if you rebound and spring is off, no amount of compression will help

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 7:14 Quote
Hi can anyone help with some measurements please? Basically it's the correct distances on my Boxxer crowns, firstly between headset and top crown, and between top and bottom crown. I ride a 2014 Carbon Specialized Demo. Many thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022683
Mobile Version of Website