Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 21:32 Quote
chickendog wrote:
All this Keto and paleo stuff has some merit , every now and then go a day without eating , cut out the sugar , increase your meat and salad , eat whole food til your bored of it . May not work for everyone but has gotten results for me far as losing some weight without my legs shrinking ,I am actually astonished that I have lost some weight without it being visible in my thighs . The giving up alcohol part I have not tried

The Paleo/ High Fat diets are complete bullshit.
Yes cutting out processed sugar is (very) healthy but increasing your meat intake is not- instead eat some nuts/ avocados if you want healthy fats and proteins.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 21:55 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
chickendog wrote:
All this Keto and paleo stuff has some merit , every now and then go a day without eating , cut out the sugar , increase your meat and salad , eat whole food til your bored of it . May not work for everyone but has gotten results for me far as losing some weight without my legs shrinking ,I am actually astonished that I have lost some weight without it being visible in my thighs . The giving up alcohol part I have not tried

Yes cutting out processed sugar is (very) healthy but increasing your meat intake is not- instead eat some nuts/ avocados if you want healthy fats and proteins.
Don't you know avocado toast is one of the leading causes of millennial homelessness?

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 23:35 Quote
Just asking guys what kind of kit do you guys wear whilst riding DH? Personally i use Aircraft helmet a normal T shirt Alpinestars sight pants and some vans.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 2:18 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
NotNamed wrote:
chickendog wrote:

Don't you know avocado toast is one of the leading causes of millennial homelessness?

Makes sense. I was convinced it's man bun.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 5:30 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
A familiar track, mediocre speed and 100% focus on looking ahead is the answer. Go do it until you can't do it anymore and then some more. As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect and in this case this is perfectly true. You need to make it a basic riding habit of yours through practice.
Once that is done, apply it to other tracks.

Yeah good plan. I think it makes the most sense. No point trying to learn new tracks all the time when I could be working on so much on one track.

It's always so tempting to force it when you want to go fast though.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 13:41 Quote
Guys do you think thicker grips makes your hands got tired faster?

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 13:44 Quote
norfiril wrote:

Yes they do, the thicker some thing is the harder it is to grip, closed fist is the strongest grip you can have and the easiest to maintain, though of course if you have huge hands then thicker grips can be better as your fingers won't over lap awkwardly.
You may feel more padded from harshness, but holding on is harder.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
norfiril wrote:

I think that would depend on hand size. I like thicker grips for the padding and grip. The skinny grips seem to make me grab them with the force of a god causing arm pump for me. I want to feel the grip and not the bar moving on every small bump. I have big hands also.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
Hi, looking to get some new brakes for my DH bike and have a fairly tight budget. Trying to decide between either Magura MT5's (new), SRAM Guide R (either new or second hand) or SRAM Guide RS (second hand).

Currently leaning towards the MT5s but if anyone would advise otherwise please say!

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 14:40 Quote
Second hand Avid/SRAM brakes? Do you have a deathwish?!? Eek

On a serious note, MT5s are extremely powerful and i´ve had nothing but good experiences with the MT5/7 series for years now. They just keep going without any problems.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 14:48 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Get some hope

Budget or Hope, pick one.

Yeah I did think that second hand SRAM might be pushing my luck. Will get searching for MT5's tomorrow

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 15:26 Quote
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Get some hope

Yeah I did think that second hand SRAM might be pushing my luck. Will get searching for MT5's tomorrow

Shimano Zee. Should find used ones for cheap. Never let me down, bleed em once or twice per year.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 15:26 Quote
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Get some hope

I mean what are you trying to spend? If u are going to buy used I deff wouldn’t get SRAM. There are some mt7’s on buy/sell used. If you are on a budget get some zee’s.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 17:46 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
norfiril wrote:

I think that would depend on hand size. I like thicker grips for the padding and grip. The skinny grips seem to make me grab them with the force of a god causing arm pump for me. I want to feel the grip and not the bar moving on every small bump. I have big hands also.

I use XL size gloves and normally riding Odi Rogue grips which are thicker than normal. It was ok for me during years. Never thought too much about it and raced without problem but on longer days of bikepark riding I had that anoying feeling on my hands at the end of the session.

The other day one friend lend me his bike with thinner grips and I started to wonder about this. I felt somehow more comfortable.

I will give it a try.

Thank you mates

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023158
Mobile Version of Website