The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo

Man that one would have been so awesome if the forks weren't red...

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
RedOctober wrote:
photo

Man that one would have been so awesome if the forks weren't red...

And if the stem wasn’t red or if it didn’t have mismatched gold on it.....

And the saddle....

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Bigblob123 wrote:
my privee shan 27 is fantastic. and you will get comments all the time about how nice they look Smile

correct

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:29 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Alu frames are gonna be the most budget friendly, but depending on the brand may ride a little harsh. I think Alu is great for jumpbikes, but for a bike you're gonna be pedalling over rough ground, you may want to get some good sized rubber on there and a good saddle, cause if you get a cheap/poorly designed/super burly alu hardtail with skinnier tires your back may not appreciate it. In the end, though, if this bike is being ridden for a few sloppy months a year, I doubt any new decent alu hardtail is gonna make you hate your life, plus, being alu it won't get rusty!

^ x2. Well said. I typically prefer steel over aluminum, but with plus tires, but framemakers have been doing better and better with aluminum. The SC chameleon (which is probably the most overpriced hardtail out there) rides softer than most steel bikes. And some steel bikes ride stiffer than some aluminum bikes.

Check out whyte, vitus, commencal, the new specialized fuse for cheap(er) alloy bikes with good geo. Geo is everything on a hardtail, and frame material is everything else. Wink

I always recommend 64-65* hta for people who want a fun party hardtail, but everyone's different. A lot of people hate hardtails because the'y're built with XC geo and XC parts. The aggressive party hardtails we have these days are a blast. They're just a little tougher to find, but they're worth it.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo

So much nicer than with the crown decals all over the frame. I like the Kashima on it too, sweet bike.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
^ I'm with you, it looks classy! To me being covered in the crowns makes the frames look cheap.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
photo
photo
photo

The owner of this is an absolute machine on a bike. He will shred with the best on the dh AND make you wish you had an ebike on the climbs. They don't call him the Caged Animal for no reason.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
The Caged Animal .... rad.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
Have to say I like it.
I’m more of a sliver bits guy but this looks very cool. I’d just go black on the stem as there’s already a lot of red going on. Still, very cool.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
stems trying to match the frame colour just look wrong unless its a 100% colour match. always better to keep it black imo

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
The owner of this is an absolute machine on a bike. He will shred with the best on the dh AND make you wish you had an ebike on the climbs. They don't call him the Caged Animal for no reason.

I love hearing stuff like this. Nothing like showing up for a group ride where someone comes with a totally blinged out rig without the skills to back it up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042808
Mobile Version of Website