The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
red-o wrote:
I didn't want any internal routing on my BTR, when I ordered it I decided I will use a wireless dropper. For the first 2 seasons I used a Magura Vyron... which turned out to be not very reliable, it was too sensitive to humidity ... in the meantime I bought a Fox Transfer with external routing and now I think it fits very well with the character of the bike...

Costly additions on BTR if remember correctly, modern wireless will eradicate all cables soon enough (whilst looking sexy I hope). Took me a while wondering whether to drill a hole in my Shan for the dropper. I quite liked the KS Lev , didn’t detract too much from the lines. I just hate any form of additional snag. Annoying af

In this thread, hidden cables or no cables ftw

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 4:46 Quote
British bike for British race...

photo

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 4:49 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
red-o wrote:
I didn't want any internal routing on my BTR, when I ordered it I decided I will use a wireless dropper. For the first 2 seasons I used a Magura Vyron... which turned out to be not very reliable, it was too sensitive to humidity ... in the meantime I bought a Fox Transfer with external routing and now I think it fits very well with the character of the bike...

Costly additions on BTR if remember correctly, modern wireless will eradicate all cables soon enough (whilst looking sexy I hope). Took me a while wondering whether to drill a hole in my Shan for the dropper. I quite liked the KS Lev , didn’t detract too much from the lines. I just hate any form of additional snag. Annoying af

It wasn't for the money, I just hate internal routing... Rolleyes

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
red-o wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
red-o wrote:

I used to hate it, but have since moved on as it’s really not an issue

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:16 Quote
Nice Stanton

Like the Kingdom as it’s aggro af. But cables and mismatched tyres (which I run often(hardtail only)) make it too cringeworthy for here. You have obviously been following my trends lol can’t hide here.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:29 Quote
red-o wrote:
lol Salute

Salute

Personally I believe all sexy threads are dead on Pinkbike. The “show us your am/enduro bike” is by far and away the best thread for bikes, whether sussers or not

There are so many bikes out there that are coming through decent. I for one can’t be arsed to sift through the detritus to get to the gold amongst them. Posting what comes up online and let the haters hate. If people want to see high end bikes, do the leg work yourselves and post the f*cking thing !!!

It’s mostly us that bother Red, soon I won’t be posting at all , just riding my bikes..

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:36 Quote
Also, the lack of chat/conversation stifles the stoke here (imo). So many moaning f*cks who would rather be negative than post a bike themselves ..or express an opinion. I find it funny when you know that someone has come here expressly to moan because the notification didn’t live up to their expectations.. yeah that’s right f*ckers I see everything

People just want to look at pictures it seems, well everybody, they are online, go find them

Just saying.. lol

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:53 Quote
Yes, maybe the time for sexy threads is over...

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
red-o wrote:
Yes, maybe the time for sexy threads is over...

You guys keep us so spoiledSmile

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Exactly.

Ordered my Marino with full external routing.

Internal cables are the WOAT for so many reasons.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
JonDud wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Exactly.

Ordered my Marino with full external routing.

Internal cables are the WOAT for so many reasons.

What are all these reasons? The only one I can think of is the added hassle of maintenance. Other than that better aesthetics and less chance of getting contaminated cables and slashed brake hoses are the upsides.

I will say properly done internal routing (tube in tube) is almost just as easy to route as external line with the only additional bit being disconnecting and reconnecting the brakes.

My Marino has only internal routing no external bosses.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
A good balance imho is external brake hoses and internal transmission and dropper cables.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Drill a hole for the dropper, remove fork decals and black dropper. f*cking fender..

Yeah, a bit of orange overkill. All black/stealth components/decals would make this truly lovely. All fenders need to be removed for photos. Defo prefer exposed cables from a maintenance perspective.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.063016
Mobile Version of Website