DMR v8 pedals?

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
I use V8's for 4X and Freeride, had a few problems finding shoes that would grip then went and bought a pair of FiveTen's - grips like glue with my V8's

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
IM ordering mine in the next few mins Pirate

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
I had a pair of V8s last season, and I found the platform to small for my foot, and im only size 11. I managed to bend both of the spindles at almost a 45 degree angle, so I guess you get what you pay for. They were grippy though. I got Shimano DXs to replace the V8s, and haven't looked back.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
I use DMR V8's. I chose them because of the variety of colours and because I kept slipping off my other ones. I am a size 10 and my feet fit on the pedals fine! They are so grippy and my foot has never slipped off once! I have noticed some wear in the paint but when you are riding your bike, no body notices anyways so it doesn't bother me!

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 3:56 Quote
sorry to bring up a dead-ish thread but used to ride azonic accelerators for DJ light FR stuff which admittedly wasn't a very good idea (chipped all over over 4 pins missing, spindle shield non-existant etc) and swapped for dmr v8s that i have used for the last 2 years. I think they're very good never slipped or anything just some paint coming off otherwise excellent (lube-wise as well). If you want AAA grip just buy some of the screw type pins and replace the 6 plain pin ones.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 4:13 Quote
I have to say the V8 are amazing. i had some that i got second hand and they had no end caps in them and no grease and yet they ran,filled with mud and genral riding crap, fine for 6-8 months! then i decided to buy a brand new pair. Awsome pedals!

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
man these pedals rock, I have used them non stop for 3 years now, but I did try the V12s felt no difference so go for V8s they last the same time feel the same and look almost the same, not worth the extra £30, go with V8s they are amazing would reccomend to anyone wanting a quality pedal (or two)

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
I like 'em. Bearings are abit crap and body is too small, but they aren't bad.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
good grip, and very cheap for the quality of them BUT if youre doing downhill dont get them. if they hit a rock or treestump hard that screws the bearings (the whole body moves like crazy on the axles.)- this makes riding very wierd. also if you have big feet dont get them- bit on the small side. if youve got very big feet go for somthing like kore race pedals- there huge and have 8 replaceable pins per side!

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
dmr v12's are better, there soooo much easier to service and don't develop play in them like v8's. you don't have to piss about with fiddly ball bearings or correct tensioned end nuts. Ive killed two sets of v8's, but my v12 mags are saying strong. don't get me wrong, v8's are excellent pedals especially for the money, but save money and time and get v12's.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
the DMR V-8 pedal is the biggest selling flat pedal in the UK market by a long way

its a good, tough, cheap, and relatively durable pedal

I actually prefer it to the DMR-V12, because the V-8 runs on loose ball bearings and has proven to be somewhat tougher than the V-12 which has a single cartridge bearing on the outside and a bronze bushing on the inside

my own V-12's developed play between the bushing and the socket (called "flogging out" where the hole gets bigger) within the pedal body for the bushing, which meant they took a one-way trip into the dustbin

I've been using a pair of V-8s on my cyclocross bike all winter, and have no complaints, the trick is to remove the grub screw and regrease using the supplied syringe to keep them running smooth...

with my Sam Hill 5-10s they are grippy enough, but with skate shoes there is alot less grip than more expensive pedals like Easton cullys or Syncros Mentals, the V-8/V-12 body is also a bit smaller than other pedals, but this is more prefence rather than a design flaw

with pedals, the best way to buy, is to either:

1. go cheap - DMR V-8s, just GBP£25 in UK - use them until they wear out, and replace with another pair

2. pay big $$$ - my Syncros Mental alloy on my FR bike were GBP£120 but are 2.5 years old and never even opened, still 100% smooth and have been all over the world including vancouver's north shore and whistler bike park

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
V8's so far have been great for me, and i got mine brand new for £12 off ebay Razz

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 4:22 Quote
I got my set yesterday and installed and tested them today. They are great. And there are plenty of colors to choose so they match your bike like mine do.

photo

FL
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 4:27 Quote
i have a pair of v8s and a pair of v12s the v12s are much better i haven't ever had to service them in three years the v8s require a lot more attentionJoker

FL
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 4:28 Quote
wellgo do a v12 copy for the same price as a v8Joker

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.049466
Mobile Version of Website