Freeride trails in Utah??

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride trails in Utah??
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
Nothing much around Logan, but Providence is a good DH

There are a couple Illegal trails around here to.

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
any resorts with good DH around SLC? was thinking of driving from Tahoe to SLC if there were any worth while resorts like we have at northstar. I know moab is awesome but was hoping for something closer and looking to explore.

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 16:22 Quote
Deer Valley is good from what I hear. Wolf mountain up ogden canyon ain't bad.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 1:30 Quote
ueda wrote:
I've worked as a summer liftie for two years at Deer Valley, and its got some great trails. Anything from mellow xc to the national championship series course, which is near world-cup difficulty in my opinion (I only said NEAR, don't freak out). It is corporate in the sense that the company is corporate, but all the lifties and patrollers are chillaxed.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
bankturn wrote:
ueda wrote:
I've worked as a summer liftie for two years at Deer Valley, and its got some great trails. Anything from mellow xc to the national championship series course, which is near world-cup difficulty in my opinion (I only said NEAR, don't freak out). It is corporate in the sense that the company is corporate, but all the lifties and patrollers are chillaxed.

Sweet. thanks for the info. might take some time off this summer and head out that way. I guess the drive from through Nevada isnt all that exciting.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
Any updates on the BYU urban downhill? I love the BYU bike cops! You can our run some of them on foot!

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
The U of U campus is very biker friendly as well. There's several jumps and berms built into campus and I've seen the bike cops doing 10 foot drops off of buildings. Tons of good stuff if you are willing to explore. The U of U golf course is now closed as well so it's open for riding.

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
I am down in cedar city and suu's campus security hate us for riding there. there are some sweet trails down here just waiting to be riden. I am just waiting for the snow to clear of the c trail for a nice ride

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
SUU campus police hate everyone. Plus, they are horrible at their job so please, by all means keep pissing them off. That being said... UPDATE*** Squaw Peak gate is open! That is all...

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
ha...i've had a few successful byu downhill runs this year. they still haven't gotten close once i hit stairs. i've been having fun riding uvu's campus lately

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
glennwilson87 wrote:
SUU campus police hate everyone. Plus, they are horrible at their job so please, by all means keep pissing them off. That being said... UPDATE*** Squaw Peak gate is open! That is all...
alright we'll do that and have lots of fun in the process.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 6:23 Quote
Hey, Im going to be going to the university of utah next year and was wondering if anybody knows about trails in that area.?

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
theres mad trails up in the hills behind the university, red butte has some trails, theres the whole shoreline trail system, bobsled, I street, and a couple others. If your on campus, pretty much just head into the hills and your bound to find trails. Most of them are xc style trails, but I street has wicked jumps, and bobsled is a great dh run. lots of trails within a half hour to an hour of campus too.

Posted: May 2, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
konagod272 wrote:
Hey, Im going to be going to the university of utah next year and was wondering if anybody knows about trails in that area.?

Yup. Lots of good stuff here. Hit us up when you get into town Wink

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
allenjweston wrote:
There's a new trail in Little Cottonwood that kicks ass! If you want to ride it sometime, let me know and I can show ya the way! haha

Where is it? I want to ride it let me know

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035597
Mobile Version of Website